Varde

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• things to buy in Copenhagen

Copenhagen Apr 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM

What can I get in Copenhagen that I can't get anywhere else?

more
    • unique things to buy in Copenhagen

Copenhagen Apr 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM

What to buy in Copenhagen that you can't find anywhere else?

more
    • copenhagen

Copenhagen Mar 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We would like to stay in a small but luxury hotel in or near Copenhagen in July 2014
      Can anyone suggest a good place?
      We would prefer to be outside the city if possible
      Thank you

more
    • the way from copenhagen to helsingor?

Helsingør Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Hi, I will arrive at Copenhagen airport 18:45, 12 may, 2014 and my hotel Konventom is in helsingor, what's the best way to get there?

more
    • KnobblyKnees's Profile Photo

How Does the Cost of Living in Denmark Compare with Copenhagen?

Denmark Mar 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Hi. In Britain, the cost of living in London and the south-east can be very high, but in other parts of the UK life can be much cheaper. Is life in the rest of Denmark much cheaper than in Copenhagen? Or is life fairly costly everywhere?

I've stayed in Copenhagen and spent quite a lot of money, but I was a tourist in a capital city. Is life much cheaper in Denmark's other cities? Or does life become more expensive the further away from big populations you are?

I've heard that house prices are high in Copenhagen, but are they high throughout Denmark?

I'm considering moving to Denmark and I want to live somewhere well-equipped but affordable. Does such a place exist? Or is the cost of living only low in unpleasant, post-industrial towns?

And is public transport cheaper outside Zealand or are prices similar everywhere?

Many thanks for your help. I'm a very ignorant man.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Gribskov: Getting There and Where to Go?

Copenhagen Apr 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I'll be visiting Copenhagen again soon and this time I don't want it to be a boring city break, I want to get out into the countryside properly. I especially want to spend one or two days in Gribskov, but I need to know the answers to a few questions first. Maybe someone can help?

(1) Like most visitors to Copenhagen, I'm very confused by the tickets on public transport. I know that I need to travel by train to Hillerod and then transfer to the Gribskovbanen to get to stations like Mårum and Duemose, but I can't understand which ticket I should buy if I want to travel there and back on the same day from Copenhagen. Could a Copenhagen resident please explain?

(2) Is there a good-quality map available, showing all the tracks and trails through the forest, at a scale of something like 1:50,000?

(3) The forest is owned by the State - but does that mean that walkers can go everywhere?

(4) Where are the best parts of the forest, in terms of thick foresty vegetation? Obviously I'm relying on the railway, so I don't want to stray too far from it, but I'm guessing there are plenty of wilder, bushier parts within reach of the stations.

(5) I've read that in recent years, spruce trees have been being chopped down, to create a woodland more like Gribskov would have been in the past. Personally I like spruce trees, having walked a lot in Norway. Are there still any substantial areas of spruce or is Gribskov now just open woodland, like heathland with a scattering of trees? I've been looking at the forest on Google Earth, but it's hard to tell which type of trees are which. Also I don't know how up-to-date the satellite view is.

If anyone can help me, that'd be great. Thank you.

more