Varazdin Travel Answers

change location
IngaA's Profile Photo

Cemetery in Varazdin

by IngaA Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 7:49 AM

Can somebody prompt me the name of the old cemetery of Varazdin? It's very famous, under UNESCO protection, one of the must sees there. Thanks, I.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • oneonta_ni's Profile Photo

Re: Cemetery in Varazdin

by oneonta_ni Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 8:36 AM

Inga, the World Heritage list has only these places listed for Croatia: 1979, 1994 Old City of Dubrovnik 1979 Historic Complex of Split with the Palace of Diocletian 1979, 2000 Plitvice Lakes National Park 1997 Episcopal Complex of the Euphrasian Basilica in the Historic Centre of Porec 1997 Historic City of Trogir 2000 Cathedral of St. James in Šibenik Can a place be protected without being listed? Jane

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Cemetery in Varazdin

by IngaA Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 8:38 AM

thank you but that is what I was told there.... Might be a mistake of course :(

• oneonta_ni's Profile Photo

by oneonta_ni Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 8:43 AM

Oh, well, good luck anyway! :o) I was going to suggest asking Boris but first I did a Google search and guess who's page came up?! Looks like he's the man to ask. Had a quick scan through his photos, too - looks like a beautiful town.

• IngaA's Profile Photo

by IngaA Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 8:45 AM

I checked Varazdin pages here and there was no info about that place. I put it here, so if Boris or Zdenka know, they'll answer me. But if they forgot.. just in case :)) thanks for your info too :)

• Re: Cemetery in Varazdin

by diocletianvs Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 9:39 AM

Inga, VARAZDINSKO GROBLJE (Varazdin cemetery) is not under UNESCO protection, but it is protected under national laws for protection of cultural and natural heritage. I've never heard that it has some special name besides the above mentioned, but I might be wrong.... There are some pictures here: http://www.varazdin.hr/galerija/groblje Regards, Niksa

• IngaA's Profile Photo

by IngaA Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 10:01 AM

ok, I might misunderstood :) thanks, I actually was there and wanted to put the info on my up[coming Varazdin page. Thanks for your help

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines