Varanasi Travel Answers

change location

house or flat to lease/rent in Varanasi?

by AdelineM Online Now May 3, 2009 at 7:03 AM

My family and some of our friends are traveling to Varanasi in Jan 2011 and plan to be there 6 mos- 1 yr. We are attending schooling while there, and need to rent or lease a house or flat. There will be 5 adults and 2 children total in our group, so the place must be large enough for all of us. Does anyone know a good secure resource online to begin looking at rentals so we can budget pricing? Our ultimate plan is to just look online prior to visiting to ensure we can afford to lease a place large enough, and then actually sign a lease once we arrive and have had time to look in person.
Help in this area would be greatly appreciated!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bkarjee's Profile Photo

Re: house or flat to lease/rent in Varanasi?

by bkarjee Online Now May 3, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Hi Adeline,
    Instead of looking for online rental property, I will suggest you go to Varanasi and check into a hotel first. Once you are there, look for property agents (these agents also arrange for short term/ long term accomodations/rentals). You may seek the help of hotel staff in locating a reliable property agents.
    In this part of the world, online transactions and online property viewing is yet to come to its final form.
    Depending upon the area, the rental for a 3-4 ROOM house can vary in the range of INR 7K-14k.
    Rgds
    BK

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: house or flat to lease/rent in Varanasi?

by AdelineM Online Now May 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for the reply... we aren't looking to actually rent online, maybe I worded it wrong :). We just need to start looking at prices so we can see if it is affordbale for us to rent a place and so I wanted to look at prices online. We planned on a hotel once we arrive so we can look around
    Can you direct me to a site that may help me figure out budgeting?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines