Travel Answers
Varadero

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

by Hello_lo Online Now Yesterday

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

more
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

by LuluAna Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

more
    • zip line and how long how much

by braap Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

more
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

by Hello_lo Online Now Yesterday

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

1 Answer Yesterday
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

by LuluAna Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

5 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • zip line and how long how much

by braap Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

9 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • Varadero can you purchase souvenir size bottles of rums.

by Danbar Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Varadero can you purchase souvenir size bottles of rums.

1 Answer Mar 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • gifts for resort staff

by fbmomma Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM

what are some appropriate yet helpful gifts to bring to staff or to barter with vendors?

11 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • drug dealers and vendors at resorts

by fbmomma Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM

i ?am a single mom taking my teenager to varadero and before choosing a resort i'm wondering if drug dealers and other criminals and vendors are allowed near or on resorts and beaches and what resorts i should avoid. also is there any tourist attractions or areas to avoid and what activities are safe

5 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • old lime stone building

by kellyaird Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 5:39 PM

there was an old what i would say to be a look out on the sea side of varadaro what is it and what is it called

5 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • question about memories varadero.

by madmaths Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Is the memories Varadero is good!? We are a couple 30 year old. ( French Canadian sorry for my bad English...) We are not planning to stay at the resort all day. We want to explore Cuba but looking for a good resort at a good price And the memories look ok! ??
      they have safe deposit in each room?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    • Late March, early April 2014 - Vacation

by CanadianTraveler30 Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Hi everyone,

A friend and I, are going to Varadero for the first time, at the end of March this year. We're both single males aged 30 and very mellow. I figured I'd ask on here to see if any other singles will be in Varadero around the same time (as it's always funner and safer to go and check-out the night-life in a bigger, like-minded group.

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    • Song is stuck in my head!

by Foucs Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I was at The Havana Club this past weekened, and each night we were there we heard the same song but weren't able to remember the name.
      Whenever it came on, guys and girls would dance together, it has somewhat of a slower beat, and the words La La La are repeated.
      PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    • TinaG20's Profile Photo

Has anyone vacationed at Brisas Del Cribe?

by TinaG20 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Has anyone vacationed at this resort? If so do you know where the Room Brisas Del Caribe Sur Section is located at this resort? Thank-you

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • ChrisGauthier's Profile Photo

Blau marina or Melia Varadero

by ChrisGauthier Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM

travelling with 14 year old boy, active so would like to know which hotel offers more for the kids during spring break and hoping there will be kids his age to hang out with

Single parent budget

3 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Cuba resort recommendation

by Tiki23 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Looking for resort in Cuba that has activities during day and night life

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • Street Market

by sdowson Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I heard there is a street market in Varadero, what kind of items do they sell?

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • wharfrock's Profile Photo

Does anyone know what it costs currently to hire a taxi for the day to go to Havana from Varadero?

by wharfrock Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Does anyone know what it costs currently to hire a taxi for the day to go to Havana from Veradero?

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    • Singlevarardeo's Profile Photo

Single looking for fun...

by Singlevarardeo Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Anybody going to Riu Varadero
      Feb the week of 12-19 looking for other singles to have fun with?
      I'm 30yr male.

1 Answer Jan 9, 2014 at 3:07 AM
    • Renting an aircraft in Veradero?

by dodecanese13 Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I am a private pilot and wondered if there are any aviation schools in Veradero where one can rent an aircraft for an hour with an instructor? What kind of price?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    • leisure fishing available?

by mccorrister2 Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Is it possible to just go out in a boat and just fish? Not heavy duty fishing, but 'leisure' fishing...

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • trip to havana

by jymmi Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

how much is a trip for one night with hotel from varadero to havana

8 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    • excursion to havana

by dado68 Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Please answer me what the price excursions from Varadero to Havana one-day or two-day course and what are the prices of drinks outside the hotel!
      I wonder also what's the fun in Varadero during the night! tnx

2 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    • Cuba Varadero

by tlyn Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I am going to cuba varadero the end of December until the first week of January. I will be staying at the playa de oro. I was wanting to know what the weather is like that time of year? I have never been to cuba. Do I have to change Canadian money or can I use that to purchase gifts?
      Any info would be greatly appreciated.
      T Lyn

6 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    • what to do

by bvbolt Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM

we are going to varadero in feb 2014 and heard you can rent scooters where can you rent them and where to go and see with them thx

7 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    • transportation needed

by Missie6 Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

We, an older couple, need transportation from Varadero airport to Old Havana on Sunday, Oct. 27 from a 3:30 pm flight and back again on Sun. Nov.3 for a 3:30am flight on Mon. Any thoughts other than a $100 taxi or Viazul bus which has the wrong times???? Gracias, M.

1 Answer Oct 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM
    • PeterPanandWendy's Profile Photo

Anyone travelling from Toronto to Varadero late September/October?

by PeterPanandWendy Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Please let me know - thanks.

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    • Anyone going to Varadero in Mid September?

by marciethevamp Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Is anyone going to Varadero in mid September? And if so, where are you staying? It would be nice to meet someone so I won't be COMPLETELY alone! :)

2 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • Good wine and Drambui

by Copr Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Would anyone know if there is anywhere in the area where reserve quality wines can be purchased (not necessarily local)? Also looking to purchase Drambui for my stay there. Thanks

CopR

1 Answer Jul 28, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    • loose_motion's Profile Photo

August or October ? Whats a better time to go ?

by loose_motion Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Hi all ,
      Locals here tell me to go in october as its gonna be too hot in August but I also read somewhere that Oct is Hurricane season . I am planning my first trip to Varadero and would appreciate tips from locals there and regular visitors to the island on what would be better . End august or end of oct ?
      Thanks

5 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    • Best mode of transportation from Varadero Airport to Riu Varadero

by snoway1 Online Now May 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Hello: Can you please tell me the best way to prearrange transfers from the Varadero Airport to the Riu Varadero?
      I would like to prepay if possible and know it is arranged in advance but would appreciate feedback. Is there a particular transfer company that I can prebook the transfers with?
      My hotel and air is booked separately and therefore transfers are NOT included.
      Thanks for your input!

4 Answers May 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    • PeterPanandWendy's Profile Photo

Toronto to Varadero

by PeterPanandWendy Online Now May 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Is anyone travelling from Toronto to Varadero May/June 2013?

4 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    • How do I pick a resort ?

by FromBeyond Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Hi, I am planning to go to Cuba for my honeymoon. We plan to spend 4 nights in Havana & 6 nights in Varadero in May 2013.

1> In Havana, whats better in terms of quality & location between Iberostar Parque & Nacional De Cuba ?

2> Which is the ideal resort in Varadero - lots of choices but can't decide eg. Paradisus Princessa Del Mar, Iberostar Varadero etc.

Please advise. Any additional tips would be great. Thanks

3 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM