Vanuatu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hire of mini buses

Port-Vila Jan 31, 2015 at 5:44 PM

hi does anybody know if you can pre-book mini buses at vila, as there are 5 of us largish people, we are going on a cruise and i dont think we will all fit into a normal cab plus the driver,

cheers irene

2 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 2:05 AM
    • Car hire in vanuatu

Vanuatu Jan 29, 2015 at 8:23 PM

We have been told by a car hire firm in port vila that it is legal to have passengers sitting/standing unbelted in the back of a ute. Can anyone confirm this please. Thanks

1 Answer Jan 29, 2015 at 11:39 PM
    • Kerewin's Profile Photo

Is it possible to hitch a ride on a private yacht or boat to other islands?

Port-Vila Jan 3, 2015 at 3:02 AM

Hello :)

My friend and I would like to hitch a ride on a Yacht to Espiritu Santo or one of the other Islands.

Is it possible to go to the yacht club and offer free services as crew to catch a lift? I am maritime qualified and my friend is a waitress.

We visualize heading down to the Yacht club or docks and chatting with salty beards to secure passage.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Kira

2 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 3:28 AM
    • Mystery Island

Vanuatu Oct 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Hi guys, we are going on a cruise and have a stop over on Mystery Island. We are a little dissappointed as we were looking forward to going back to Vila....anyhow, what kinds of excursions, tours can you do that you are aware of? Is there Quad bike riding? Shops??? Duty free...lol...

• What are the 10 'Must do's' in Vanuatua?

Iririki Island Sep 8, 2014 at 1:02 AM

We are heading over in a couple of days for a 10 day stay and would like to know of the 'must do's' in Vanuatu. We are a couple and will be staying on Iririki Island. Thanks

2 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • Accommodation choices

Vanuatu Aug 26, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Hi guys, I know it's a pretty general question but somehow I find it very difficult to get info re my choices. I mean, usually I can sort of 'visualise' the location, but Port Vila proves too illusive.

Anyway, I'm looking for a resort style accommodation - nothing too expensive or exclusive - on the waterfront, so that we can swim in the open water (not just a pool). Having families with young kids around is not a problem at all (I don't like 'adults only' hideaways) but I'd like the place to be within the reach of Port Vila.

Any suggestions?

• Travel to Nadi

Vanuatu Jun 18, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Is there a boat transfer from Port Vila to Nadi?

Regards

Gillian from Canberra Australia

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM
    • How much does it cost to travel to Vanuatu?

Vanuatu Jun 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM

How much does it cost to vacate in Vanuatu?

1 Answer Jun 25, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    • transport to tanna

Tanna Jun 6, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Is it possible and cheaper to go by boat from Port vila to tanna?

• Mount Yasur and children

Tanna May 29, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Just wondering if Mount Yasur is appropriate for an eight and 11 year old ?

Would it be too frightening?

Also - my 11 year old tends to get car sick - What is the drive like up to the volcano
      thanks JO

• Airport transfer

Port-Vila May 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM

can you get a bus transfer to hotel when you arrive without booking

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • fishing gear

Vanuatu May 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM

where is the best place to buy fishing gear from

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    • Prices in Vila of Massage and Hair Braiding

Vanuatu May 1, 2014 at 3:27 AM

I see a few people have posted photographs here of massage stops and hair braiding stops etc on the port at Vila next to the cruiseships, that say $15 or $20 as their prices. Is this in Australian dollars? It can't be in Vatu, as that would be only say 80c in my money and that is not right surely! Thanks

1 Answer Jun 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    • Gluten Free products and Gluten free eating out ??

Vanuatu Apr 19, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Heading to Vanuatu with my 10 year old daughter who has coeliacs disease. any suggestions on where to eat out. I plan to cook many meals but would be nice to go out if we have the option. Do the supermarkets do any gluten free products . Staying at Iririki. :)

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • swiming in lagoon

Vanuatu Apr 13, 2014 at 10:26 PM

can you swim in the lagoon at port vila

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • Santo accomodation

Vanuatu Mar 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Hi Any suggestions of places to stay on Santo that are good value for money.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • smoking regulations

Port-Vila Feb 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Are people allowed to smoke pretty much anywhere still in Port Vila? I cannot handle smoke anywhere near me (esp in my hotel and restaurants) , and am concerned about this aspect if we travel there.

• Coconut crab

Port-Vila Jan 8, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I'll be in Vila next week and I'd like to find a restaurant serving coconut crab. Any idea where? Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 10:49 PM
    • best area to stay

Efate Jan 2, 2014 at 11:01 PM

where is the best area to stay in efate in regard to distance from port vila, sunrise/sunset, beaches, safety, access to attractions/food etc?

• what is the cost of cigarettes and booze at portvilla

Port-Vila Nov 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM

what is the cost of Benson smooths cigarettes and teachers whiskey at portvilla

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • How much money should i save?

Vanuatu Oct 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I plan to spend two weeks in Vanuatu.I will fly from Cairns to Port Vila. I will be travelling solo
      From there, fly to Tanna Island and stay three days to see the volcano and check out the island
      Fly from there to Espiritu Santo and visit my friend for a week or so
      Then fly back to Port Vila and spend a day or two there, then fly back to Cairns.

I will most likely do a tour every one to two days.

Does anyone have an idea what I should save in AUD to have a cheap yet comfortable holiday? Or perhaps an idea of a daily budget?

Cheers guys!

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • fireysteve's Profile Photo

accommodation

Efate Oct 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM

long term accom at port villa vanuatu

1 Answer Oct 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    • What fish are safe to eat in Vanuatu?

Vanuatu Oct 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I have heard that fish should be avoided due to ciguatera. Are there any species of fish that are safe to eat in Vanuatu. I love seafood and was really looking forward to enjoying this on my trip in few weeks time :(

3 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • Staying in Port Villa on Iririki Island, do I need vaccinations before travelling?

Vanuatu Oct 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM

We are heading to Port villa on 25th Oct and hadn't really considered vaccinations...... Now I have seen a few sites are recommending Hep A & B as well as typhoid. Are these really necessary and is it to late for me to get them? Might do a day trip to Tanna but otherwise will stay around Efate.

• January in Vanuatu

Port-Vila Oct 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM

We are thinking about a family holiday to Vanuatu in January but are concerned about the weather? Any one been in Jan? If it rains, does it rain all day, or in short spurts? We haven;t done a big family holiday and not sure if it's worth the risk weather wise.

• Taxi drivers

Vanuatu Sep 27, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Does anybody know the name and contact details of a taxi driver in vanuatu, he drives a white BMW mini bus, I was there in 2011 and returning next month, would like to have him as a tour guide again.

• BronwynS1's Profile Photo

Best Place to stay

Port-Vila Sep 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

What is the best place to stay, resort style, walking distance to beach, shopping, night life

1 Answer Sep 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    • prices for tours on Espiritu

Espiritu Santo Aug 12, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Hi there, getting ready for a trip to Espiritu, wondering about tours prices, like Millenium Cave, blue holes (if driven), Champagne Beach. Also how much is to hire kayak if we wanted to do blue holes by water. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    • currency difference

Vanuatu Jul 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM

is austrailian dollars used in this country? or is it only vat. also if $1 in new zealand is 75vat then how much does 75vat get you?

1 Answer Jul 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    • Where to Stay

Vanuatu Jul 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM

We are low/mid range price travellers and looking for a Hotel with pool, overloooking beach/lagoon.Also restaurant and bar.Enjoy meeting other travellers so not too small/quiet hotel.Going for Xmas and New Year.Any ideas please?