Travel Answers
Vang Vieng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transport for 6 person 1 child from Vientiane to Laung Prabang.

Luang Prabang Apr 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

where to get the transport service? via online can ah? which website? how is the cost??

more
    • Bus trip from Luang Prabang to Vietiane

Luang Prabang Apr 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

How safe is the bus trip?
      We are going to do this trip around the end of May. I have read a lot of comments on this route and I am not sure how to rate it. The mud slides, the winding road and the steep drops, the break downs and delays are a little nerve wracking for someone who doesn't like mountain roads. I am also a little anxious about the aviation safety. Yes, I could stay home. But I just want to get the most recent traveller's information to access what to expect. From that I shall make a call to see this amazing country (from all accounts).

more

Near Vang Vieng

• Jeshie's Profile Photo

Hot Air Ballooning

by Jeshie Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Hi All,
      Just wondering if anyone has any experience with booking hot air ballooning in Vang Vieng in advance.
      Would just like to secure a position as it is at the top of my to do list.

Also, I have read that there are three different times for the rides (0600,0700 and 1600)... Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the best? Worried about possible smog in the morning/too hot in the afternoon.

Thanks in advance!

• Private car LP to VV? Any suggestions?

by JimiFendrix Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Hi All - I'll be landing in LP on 7 April, and am looking on making my way down to VV after a couple of days in LP. I've heard stories about the busses, and have limited time left on this leg of the trip, so was thinking about hiring a private car. I hear they go for around 100 USD. Worth it? Anyone interested in splitting during this time? Also, if anyone has any must-do, must-see things in LP or VV, please share!

Thanks!

5 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

trip from vientiane

by stamoz Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM

hello everyone,

I kindly ask what options would be the best to get to Vang Vieng, and also what options might be the best from the Thai-Lao freindship bridge to the city of Vientiane, thank you

2 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 2:23 AM
    • LesleighR's Profile Photo

River

by LesleighR Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Excuse my ignorance ,but as Vang Vieng is on the Mekong river is it possible to get there and travel on via the river. Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

gettin to VangVieng

by stamoz Online Now May 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hello everyone!,

I plan to go to Vang Vieng from Thailand next March or April. I request for some suggestions on which is the best way to get there: I mean whether I fly from Suvarnabhumi to Vientiane on then how to get to the bus station from the airport, or travellin by land all the way to the border also to Vientiane and same to jump in a bus to Vang Vieng.
      Thanks

3 Answers May 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM
    • Vang Vieng - Jan 2012

by Howayanow Online Now Sep 28, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Hi Everyone,

Quick couple of questions if you had any thoughts / info;

Myself and my GF are heading to SE Asia for 2 months in Decemeber & were thinking of going to Vang Vieng for New Year's Eve(possibly travelling from Bangkok on 30/12). We land in Bangkok on 27/12 so are thinking it might be good to get out of there for NYE as 5 nights might be too much.

Wondering what the best way to plan for accommodation at that time is as it will no doubt be very busy and I don't want to get stuck in a bad place or have no place to stay ! Also - has anyone spent NYE in Vang Vieng, is it worth going for, crowds good, etc ? Any guesthouse recommendations, etc would be great

Any help would be great, thanks !!

2 Answers Sep 30, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    • BriMcFly88's Profile Photo

Vang Vieng in March

by BriMcFly88 Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Going to be there March 17th-19th. Can't find information online about how Vang Vieng is in March, so thought I would ask on here :) is it a dead time? Popular time?

8 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    • Vang Vieng to Vientiane

by AlexDewar Online Now May 11, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

I am on quite a tight trip, and am planning on getting an early morning bus from Vang Vieng to Vientiane, to get a flight at 5PM. I believe the journey time is max 5 hours, so I think I should make it ok. Does everyone think this is a safe bet, or is there a risk of breakdowns/ delays/ general slowness that would make me miss my flight?

Thanks for your help.

4 Answers May 12, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    • mysticpaki's Profile Photo

FOR THE LAOS EXPERTS:)

by mysticpaki Online Now Nov 29, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Where in Vangvieng and Vientine would you recommend for a 40 year old couple young at heart to celebrate Valentines Day with some dancing in a romantic place with a view in Vanvieng and Vientine??
      Please also recommend new clean accomodation for 20 to 25 usd
      Cheers

1 Answer Nov 29, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    • taxi/private car from veintiane to vang vieng

by felicity85 Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Hi there,

We are arriving in Vientiane at around 3:00pm and want to go to vang vieng straight away that day from the airport. I think from memory last time I was in laos that the buses from Vientiane to Vang Vieng leave Vientiane at around lunchtime? My friend and I are also wanting to pre-arrange transport so we dont have to worry about it when we get there. Does anyone know of any good companies to book a private car from Vientiane to Vang Vieng through? Or is is easy to get a taxi when we get to the airport? Are taxi's reliable going that distance? Anyone know how much it should cost? I have had a bit of a look on the internet but cant find any companies to book a transfer through. Any suggestions/information would be much appreciated! Thanks, Flick

3 Answers Nov 6, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    • jimbolta's Profile Photo

Motorbikes in Laos

by jimbolta Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Hi All,
      I am looking to hire a motorbike with some mates and ride from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang and back.
      I was just wondering if there was any info I should know before undertaking such a journey i.e. safety, time, costs etc that might make it not such a wise decision.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      THanks,
      James

2 Answers Mar 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    • stop over

by olivegroves Online Now May 15, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I am planning a stop over in van veing but can only find two places listed the backpackers and Babylon guest house with horror reveiws...is there no other places?

6 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    • Freiburg999's Profile Photo

rock climbing in Vangvieng

by Freiburg999 Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 4:25 AM

where can i go rock climbing in Laos (Vangvieng)?
      do you know any good place ? is Adam's climbing school ..o k to rock climb with? for a 3 days ? we are inter mediate climber not much climbing at all.

1 Answer Mar 21, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    • Is anyone near the post office in Vang Vieng?

by XeniaNealon Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Hello, I need a favour, my sister sent a package from there some time ago, it got to Ireland but no-one was there to collect it, it seems to have been sent back but not sure if it went to Vang Vieng - could anyone get their phone number or find out what happens to post returned? I would be so grateful and could return the favour somehow! Thanks :)

1 Answer Jan 7, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    • blacksnail's Profile Photo

RIverside Bungalow

by blacksnail Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Hello,
      I'm going to Vangvieng end of April, do you think if i were to stay in the RIverside Bungalow Fan Hut, i will be attack by mosquitos and other bugs at night?

thanks.

8 Answers Mar 24, 2008 at 11:12 PM
    • Riverside Bungalows

by FredtheFarmer Online Now May 22, 2007 at 12:16 AM

How should go about booking in advance the riverside Bangalows???

Thanks

3 Answers May 23, 2007 at 2:14 AM