Vang Vieng Travel Answers

change location
stamoz's Profile Photo

gettin to VangVieng

by stamoz Online Now May 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hello everyone!,

I plan to go to Vang Vieng from Thailand next March or April. I request for some suggestions on which is the best way to get there: I mean whether I fly from Suvarnabhumi to Vientiane on then how to get to the bus station from the airport, or travellin by land all the way to the border also to Vientiane and same to jump in a bus to Vang Vieng.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: gettin to VangVieng

by jacksmith123 Online Now May 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Its depends on your Flight timing because bus services arriving 12 hours later. second option for you is a train service to Nong Khai and then you can take a bus to Vientiane, or you can take the train to Thanaleng and then a Tuk Tuk to Vientiane.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: gettin to VangVieng

by davidjo Online Now May 17, 2012 at 7:21 PM

From Savarnabhumi you can go to Hualampung train station or the northern bus terminal and go by train or bus to Nong Khai, then bus to the friendship bridge, bus to Vientiane then bus to Vang Vieng. I am afraid Aiasia does not fly to Laos and Lao airline would cost over100. There used to be a bus that left fron Savarnabhumi bus complex that left every evening to Nong Khai but you have to check on the net to see if it is still running. (see savarnabhumi airport page). Transport from airport train station is easy so if you can't find a flight at a suitable time/price take the train.www.seat61.com/Thailan... is good for checking times and prices. There are 3 trains leaving each evening, you have a choice of sitting on a hard seat for 250 baht, up to first class sleeper for 1300 baht.

• picek's Profile Photo

Re: gettin to VangVieng

by picek Online Now May 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

The question is what you prefer/and money? If flying, then invest another heap of money, and if you don't need to wait too long for your flight, then you can get to Vientiane in some hours (adding to flight check in time and procedure). Like David said, there used to be bus directly from Suvarnabhumi to Nong Khai bus station and we took it one some years ago, it's good option if you don't want to get through city, but it leaves at 8 or 9 pm or so. Check it on spot, on bus terminal with free shuttle from airport terminal only few minuts ride.
    Other chances are pretty obvious: train/bus/Khaosan road bus (not that I recommend leaving from KSR, but that option is - and it's very popular) to NK with some changing (depends how you intially go from Bangkok) to transborder bus/tuk-tuk to go through customs, and another bus (or same!)/van/tuk to Ventiane till Morning Market: here are local buses to Vang Vieng. Don't worry... there are always people who will direct you.
    We plan going to Laos Jan/Feb and after then I may give you more up to date information.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vang Vieng