Vang Vieng Travel Answers

change location
blacksnail's Profile Photo

RIverside Bungalow

by blacksnail Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Hello,
I'm going to Vangvieng end of April, do you think if i were to stay in the RIverside Bungalow Fan Hut, i will be attack by mosquitos and other bugs at night?

thanks.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Re: RIverside Bungalow

by bobinodivino Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 9:34 AM

yes
    mosquitos will bite you and suck your blood

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cafank's Profile Photo

Re: RIverside Bungalow

by cafank Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM

There were plenty of bugs - mossies in particular - about when we were there but with a decent repellant and a mosquito net they didn't bother us too much.
    Cheers Cheryl

• blacksnail's Profile Photo

by blacksnail Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 7:56 PM

oh my god..

how about the weather, will it be hot at nite in end of april?
    I'm considering to stay in the air con room, but i would love to enjoy the natural breeze

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 12:57 AM

It is summer time in this part of asia right now (till mid may at least and than the rainy season will start). So to answer your question, yes it will be hot. But don't worry, you can go tubbing (provided the water level is high enough) or just go for a swim in the river.

And yes, there will be mosquitoes. Bring a mosquito net. Or let your fan work all night. With enough breeze (fan,natural or both) the mosquitoes can't stay on your skin long enough to puncture your skin. Wearing long sleeves and long trousers preferably of a light colour will help too.

by blacksnail Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 3:50 AM

hi Mique:
    will there be breeze in the summer? I still can't decide to get a aircon room or a fan room

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Summer is now (march- may) and after that it'll be the rainy season. It depends on how the bungalows will be. We did stay in the aircon ones when we where there in october 2 years ago. And enjoyed the little extra luxury. It can also be very usefull to have an aircon room in case you do go in the rainy season since it will be an easy way to dry your clothes. And things will smell less wet all over. In the summer months it depends on how easily you get used to really hot weather. And how much time you want to spend indoors. I'm usually quite happy with just a fan since it will not make such a temperature difference (which usually gives me a cold no matter what.... ) and even now we have our aircon at around 28 degrees (we only have 1 fan and a 2,5 month old baby so the aircon is nice when we have electricity which is not a given here in Burma.....). And with a fan you can leave the windows open (provided you have a good mosquito net (to be on the safe side, bring your own no matter what).

by blacksnail Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 11:10 PM

thanks mique, i think i should get an aircon room :)

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Lives little luxuries ;-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vang Vieng