Vang Vieng Travel Answers

change location
stamoz's Profile Photo

trip from vientiane

by stamoz Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM

hello everyone,

I kindly ask what options would be the best to get to Vang Vieng, and also what options might be the best from the Thai-Lao freindship bridge to the city of Vientiane, thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: trip from vientiane

by davidjo Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM

From the Thai / Lao Friendship Bridge there are Sawngthiaws (small xport vehicles that can carry around 12 people) that will take you to the center of Vientiane. When you cross the bridge there are a few small eateries and snack shops on the right hand side of the bridge. You will find the xport there.
    From Vientiane there are daily buses that leave from the city each morning for the 6 hour trip to VV. Most guest houses will organize the tickets for you. I did this trip around 2 years ago and i think the price was around $10.
    Be aware that most of the bars along the river have been closed down now due to safety reasons and the young drunk, drug people who party there. In 2011 22 people died in VV.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • picek's Profile Photo

Re: trip from vientiane

by picek Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Like David said you can get very easy to Vientiane. Private taxis are most comfortable and most expensive. Tuk tuks and songthaews are less comfortable but cheaper. Public bus is the cheapest but not so frequent and hot sun kills energy if you wait long.
    Right now the cheapest price from Vientiane to VV is by mini vans which is lowest 35 000 KIP till average 40 000 KIP per person and takes on average 4 hrs drive. You can book tickets by guesthouses or travel agents in city. Public bus from the bus station is 40 000 KIP and I don't really recommend unless you want to travel like locals. You have to get to bus station next to morning market to get on that bus, while if you take mini vans they will pick you up by your guesthouse.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vang Vieng