Vancouver Island Travel Answers

change location

Honeymoon Itinerary suggestions

by LMozenter Online Now May 11, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Hi! We are trying to plan a week-long honeymoon on the island in mid July, and are pretty overwhelmed. We're from Portland, OR and will be driving.

Ideally we'd like to spend a couple of days in Victoria and then find a beautiful place, with a cute town to relax, hike and enjoy the ocean (maybe Kayak...would love to see an Orca). We'd also enjoy visiting wineries and/or local farms.

We've been reading about the Gulf Islands, Tofino, the central part of the island and the North part of the Island and they all sound amazing, but we don't want to rush around and try to squeeze a million things in. Would rather relax in one place. So, how does one decide?

Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

Also looking for affordable accommodations (Anything from a rustic cabin to a B&B).

Thanks!
Lesley and Brent

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: Honeymoon Itinerary suggestions

by Roadquill Online Now May 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I would recommend the Church and State Winery with a nice tasting room. On the road to Butchart Gardens. Which is also a must see whilst on Vancouver Island.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Greggor58's Profile Photo

Re: Honeymoon Itinerary suggestions

by Greggor58 Online Now May 12, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Im not too sure about wineries on the Island. I've spent some time in and around Tofino over the years and its certainly a favorite destination of mine.There's a million ways to occupy your time outdoors in the area and its really pretty for sure.The beaches around Tofino are really pretty as is the scenery

Closer to Victoria...Port Renfrew offers up similar West Island scenery but its not as developed as Tofino area..(pros and cons)..I made a quick visit this past Fall but haven't updated any pages from there.Its developing into a nice little getaway spot with plenty of accommodations and enables easy access to the Juan de Fuca Trail..and Botanical Beach..I would imagine that there MUST be kayak rentals but Im not 100% where.

You might want to take a look at Coast Mountain Adventures..out of Quadra Island offshore from Campbell River on the East coast of the Island..North of Nanaimo....Ive spent only a day with them once,limited due to time constraints.Quadra is pretty mellow compared to Tofino and offers some beautiful scenery as well.The lodge is really nice and the kayaking was fun...we saw lots of Eagles and plenty of seals..

Check this..

coastmountainexpeditions.com...

Hope this might help a little...Im not too familiar with the Gulf Islands...oh and for certain you can see Orca out of Victoria..

Enjoy your time on Vancouver Island whatever you end up doing.. :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vancouver Island