Vancouver Island Travel Answers

change location

Vancouver Island itinerary

by kimberkoz Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 10:46 AM

My fiancee and I are coming to Vancouver this weekend on a whim. We are from Detroit, so the western side of Canada is completely foreign to us. We're outdoor enthusiast who hiked the Skyline Trail in Jasper National Park last summer. We'd like a similar experience but perhaps a little scaled back this time, perhaps only two to three days of backpacking, and some great day hikes in between. Is this possible on such short notice? We had to reserve backcountry campgrounds weeks in advance when we went to Jasper. Also, please suggest any great day hikes, campgrounds, places to skip altogether and of course when to build in the wineries. CHEERS!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • SamSalmon's Profile Photo

Re: Vancouver Island itinerary

by SamSalmon Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 9:19 PM

You need a MAP badly. BC is a vast place and the hiking and wineries are nowhere near each other except for Vancouver Island. I suggest you go to Vancouver Island and do the Galloping Goose or Juan de Fuca trails-they both have web sites devoted to them. Wineries in the Cowichan Valley have some decent whites great for picnicking. You'll need a rental car and www.bcferries.com for further travel info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vancouver Island