Vancouver

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vancouver on a ship

by terhelena Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Where is the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver?

more
    • How to plan a week's vacatiion to cover Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler.

by sherryQ Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are a family of four (boy 19 and girl 14) and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver for a week only and would like to visit Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler. How many days in Seattle would you recommend? what about Whistler, over night stay or two nights? I was not sure if we should go straight to Seattle from Vancouver on day we arrive from Calgary. This will be our first Vancouver visit. Three years ago, we drove from Calgary to Victoria, so we want to avoid Victoria this time. Any recommendations for sightseeing in Vancouver that we can do in three or four days?

Thanks
      Raza

more
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Where's a good place to rent a bike?

by rickd11 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM

more
    • Budget place for 4 to stay a 1or 2 nights in Victoria

by M104 Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hi we are planning to stay 2 nights in Victoria island. What is your suggestion for a budget place to stay in Victoria? We are 4 people with no cars. Thanks

more
    • Vancouver Island (BC) or Olympic National Park (WA)

by Romain_T Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM

I am planning a trip to Western Canada in early june. I will only have 7 days to go from Vancouver, BC, to Seattle.

Therefore, I have two options to enjoy the place :
      - going to Vancouver Island (Pacific Rim :Tofino) from Vancouver and leaving to Seattle from Victoria, BC (with ferry)
      - or just crossing Vancouver Island to get to Port Angeles and the Olympic National Park (Vancouver -> Victoria and Victoria -> Port Angeles by ferries)

As I will be getting to Vancouver area from the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper), I am not especially looking for mountains in these coastal parks. I am more looking for oceans and rainforest instead. But I'm not sure which park would be the best option (Pacific Rim or Olympic National Park).

Can someone give me some advice? If you had to choose between both, which one would you visit?

Thank you in advance!!

more
    • How to plan a week's vacatiion to cover Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler.

by sherryQ Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are a family of four (boy 19 and girl 14) and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver for a week only and would like to visit Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler. How many days in Seattle would you recommend? what about Whistler, over night stay or two nights? I was not sure if we should go straight to Seattle from Vancouver on day we arrive from Calgary. This will be our first Vancouver visit. Three years ago, we drove from Calgary to Victoria, so we want to avoid Victoria this time. Any recommendations for sightseeing in Vancouver that we can do in three or four days?

Thanks
      Raza

2 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 7:32 PM
    • Vancouver Island (BC) or Olympic National Park (WA)

by Romain_T Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM

I am planning a trip to Western Canada in early june. I will only have 7 days to go from Vancouver, BC, to Seattle.

Therefore, I have two options to enjoy the place :
      - going to Vancouver Island (Pacific Rim :Tofino) from Vancouver and leaving to Seattle from Victoria, BC (with ferry)
      - or just crossing Vancouver Island to get to Port Angeles and the Olympic National Park (Vancouver -> Victoria and Victoria -> Port Angeles by ferries)

As I will be getting to Vancouver area from the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper), I am not especially looking for mountains in these coastal parks. I am more looking for oceans and rainforest instead. But I'm not sure which park would be the best option (Pacific Rim or Olympic National Park).

Can someone give me some advice? If you had to choose between both, which one would you visit?

Thank you in advance!!

9 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • Vancouver on a ship

by terhelena Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Where is the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

by rickd11 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM

4 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • Budget place for 4 to stay a 1or 2 nights in Victoria

by M104 Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hi we are planning to stay 2 nights in Victoria island. What is your suggestion for a budget place to stay in Victoria? We are 4 people with no cars. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • How to entertain yourself in Vancouver

by MilaMeijer Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Heyhey,

In August I will be in Vancouver for a week with my boyfriend who is then at a congress. I will have to entertain myself this week because he will be busy every whole day. Are there any places/fora where I can meet people who would like to explore the city and surroundings with me?

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • 7 DAYS IN WEST CANADA

by EdaCanada Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Hello!! I am going to Canada next week and I would like to know for 7 days what is a must to see in Vancouver and also I would like to go to the Rocky Mountains.

Any tips for the itinerary?

Thans a million!

10 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • Coats in Vancouver

by tasmanianelle Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Hi, I am moving to vancouver on Wednesday and i do not have a winter coat yet. Where would be the best place to buy one for under $300 in the downtown area.

4 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Have any other tourists had trouble taking out money in Vancouver?

by briantravelman Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM

This happeneds every time we go to Vancouver. We have to go to several different ATMs or banks, before we finally find one that will let us take out Canadian money. A lot of stores will only take credit cards, but there are some places where you need cash, so we always like to have a little, but we always have problem taking out cash in Canada. And some places to not accept American money.
      I know thousands of Americans visit Canada everyday, and some how are able to pay for things, so maybe they know something I don't.
      I don't know if this is a problem in all of Canada, just big cities, or just Vancouver, but for some reason, banks and ATMs never let us take out Canadian cash.
      Does anyone else have this problem? If not, what do you do to take out Canadian currency? Because this is ridiculous. It wastes a lot precious time. Can you exchange your cash at the border?
      I have family in Vancouver, and they are some how able to get American money, but it's really difficult for us to get Canadian money.
      IDK. We've been to different countries in Europe, and all we do is slide our card, and enter our pin, and it gives us the local currency. IDK why this is always a problem in Canada.

9 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is Vancouver doing a Zombie Walk this year?

by briantravelman Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM

They usually do them third Saturday in August. Are they doing one this year?

4 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • TamersonK's Profile Photo

Itinerary Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle

by TamersonK Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 6:22 AM

My husband and I (both late 50's) would like to fly into Seattle, WA, then visit Vancouver, Victoria, Tofino, and possibly Whistler this coming summer for about 10 days. We would probably only rent a car for day trips since we enjoy walking around and exploring the destination we are in. Amtrak and ferries would be fine. Since we are from Florida we would like to see glaciers and whales if that's possible. Any ideas for an itinerary and what is the best time to go?

16 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    • Crossing border

by suzenka Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

What is the best time to cross the border going either way. We will be driving up to Whistler from Seattle area on a Sunday and returning on a Saturday...specifically late Feb and early March. I have heard it can take a while. Thanks for any hints on this. U.S. citizens

7 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • time change

by steveie258 Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I fly from Vancouver BC to Manila.

I leave Sat. Feb.1 at 10:45 pm, I fly non stop 14 hours to Manila, what day will it be in Manila when I land??

Monday?

thank you.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    • bicalix's Profile Photo

Layover in Vancouver

by bicalix Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM

So I'm traveling from Portland, OR to London via Vancouver and my layover times look a tad on the extreme: from 45min in Calgary, to 1:20h in Vancouver and 10/15h. I know its a long shot, but since I've never been to any of those airports, I just wanted to know how complicated it is to change flights in Vancouver (1:20h)? Are are there long customs queues even we are just transiting between flights (btw, is Canada like the US and even if you are just using it to switch flights you need to apply for a visa to do so?).

I had to layover recently in Newark and had 1:30, I made it just about in time, but there was a looooot of running and having to wait in that long exasperating line for non-resident incoming foreigners.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this!
      Thanks!

7 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM
    • SLG30's Profile Photo

Victorian clothing in Kits?

by SLG30 Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I am looking for a store in Kits that sells Victorian Clothing, I can not for the life of me remember the name of it... anyone?

1 Answer Oct 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    • StayLonger's Profile Photo

Public Transportation

by StayLonger Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hello - I have an American friend travelling to Vancouver for the first time. I know when out-of-country visitor go to Europe, it's beneficial to buy the public transport pass before leaving the US. Does anyone know if the same applies to a US citizen visiting Vancouver? Is there a need to order a travel pass beforehand?

Thanks

6 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Orca Whales, best place and month

by poepat Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Hi travellers. We are venturing from our normal S E Asia travels and decided to venture to these parts hoping to get some good excursions to see the Orca / killer whales in their natural environment.
      part question....
      Which is the best place to arrange such sightings Vancouver or Seattle

What is the best month to maximise sightings

We are hoping to go in October, is this too late?
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    • rezalynbacares's Profile Photo

amazing place

by rezalynbacares Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 4:09 AM

thats place its very nice good to out the city its more relaxing

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    • parking in ferry terminal

by AmirSaeidKadivar Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM

how much would be the cost of car parking for one day in parking near the ferry terminal in Vancouver

1 Answer Sep 18, 2013 at 4:08 AM
    • parking in ferry terminal

by AmirSaeidKadivar Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM

how much would be the cost of car parking for one day in parking near the ferry terminal in Vancouver

6 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

How long does it take at border crossing to Vancouver?

by swdke Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Will be driving to Vancouver this Saturday, Aug. 24, generally, how long are the queues for boarder crossing into Canada? Are there more than one border crossing locations? If so, which is fastest? Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM
    • One afternoon in Vancouver

by Muffyrabbit Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Will be arriving in Vancouver on Thursday, staying overnight at hotel nr airport before flying on to Alaska on Friday. As we arrive around 11.30 am thought we would drop bags at hotel and get sky train to down town for a few hours. Any suggestions where to go? What would be the best plan for a pleasant stroll bearing in mind we will be struggling to keep our eyes open ( body clock will be telling us that it is really early evening) The weather forecast looks ok so wondered about Stanley Park, is this easily accessible by skytrain? Any other ideas welcome - good place to eat a light meal?

5 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 9:30 PM
    • Traveling one way from Vancouver to Atlanta, GA.

by leondfromAtlanta Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Whats the most economical flights or flight routes?

6 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    • Visiting Vancouver

by Purnie Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 4:50 AM

We are in Vancouver for four days and would like to know the most convenient area to stay in to enable us to see most of the sights including Vancouver island. We will have a car.

6 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    • Cuban community

by Khurermaitli Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Hi. Where in Vancouver is the place to find some nice Cuban people and dance Salsa?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Airfare to Europe

by tiffanygolightly Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I am flying to London from YVR in mid Sept, and coming back late Sept from Paris back to YVR. What is a reasonable price I should be paying on airfare?

12 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • Romantic restaurant

by Moara Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM

What is the most romantic restaurant in Vancouver, near coul Harbor? I am Brazilian, first time in Canada for a congress. It will be a second year aniversary, and we would like to celebrate. We enjoy exotic foods like a asian or traditional chinese food.

7 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    • Best way to get from Vancouver to Fernie

by stephaniekb Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Hey everyone - flying into Vancouver in a few weeks time just for a two week trip and just wondering if anyone any local knowledge or experience about the best way to travel to Fernie from there, preferably via Banff. I have looked at the bus, train and renting a car, and renting a car is looking like the best option. Thanks :)

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM
    • hugoiris's Profile Photo

bus to downtown

by hugoiris Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM

arriving into horseshoe bay terminal (by ferry) and need to get into vancouver city by bus. how often do the buses run any help please. arriving on a sunday morning

6 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    • psychiy's Profile Photo

Vancouver in one day

by psychiy Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Hi! I was wondering if I could squeeze in all the places I want to see and experience in a day or two. How do I get to these place? Are there easy access buses around? What order of IT do you suggest to maximize the time? How much maximum time can we have to spend in each place so we can take quick pictures and do some activities such as the tree tops adventure at Capilano Suspension Bridge? We will be coming from somewhere near the Vancouver airport by the way. Thanks!

These are in my list:

1. Stanley Park

a. Brockton point
      b. propsect point
      c. English bay
      d. Lion's gate

2. Grouse Mountain
      3. Capilano Suspension Bridge (tree tops adventure)
      4. Granville
      5. Gas Town
      6. Yaletown for dinner
      7. UBC
      8. Chinatown

26 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM