Vancouver

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• High School Trip

Vashon Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am taking a group of high school students to the Seattle area on April 30-May 2. We will be staying in cabins at Camp Burton on Vashon Island. Are there any potential attractions that high school students might enjoy on the island?

more
    • Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in May last week

Washington State Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi All,
      I will be landing in Seattle on Fri night (5/23) and have 2 days with me to see one of Olympic/Mt. Rainier NP

Which one should I select and what should be the "Must See" attractions, keeping in mind that this will be the Memorial Day weekend and some of these place may still be under snow

My main objective is to capture nature/landscape photos, especially around Sunset / Sunrise / Night time. Are there any waterfalls/short hikes that I should see/do ?

Thanks

more
    • GoJayne's Profile Photo

Sound Garden in Mangussen Park???

Seattle Mar 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I discovered this "site" on your forum pages, but the latest update is from 2005.
      Can any one tell me if it is still accessible to the public, and still there?
      Sounds really cool!
      Thank you - (heading to Seattle in May)

more
    • taxi from airport

Seattle Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

more
    • Ghost Stories

by don-lee Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Is there going to be a Ghost Stories in Officers Row, 2010? If so, when and what times?

• Vancouver, Washington

by MISST3 Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM

What, specifically, is wrong, with Vancouver, Washington? I might be moving there.

9 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    • thinking's Profile Photo

ANY FARMER'S MARKETS?

by thinking Online Now Jul 19, 2007 at 9:07 AM

How do you purchase food in Vancouver,Washington?
      Do you have local farmer's markets everyday?
      If so, where are they located?
      Does anyone bake bread daily there?

Do they have anything in Portland?

The restaurants don't sound very interesting, so I hope to buy
      very good food and prepare it myself.

1 Answer Jul 19, 2007 at 9:10 AM
    • thinking's Profile Photo

IS PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE?

by thinking Online Now Jul 19, 2007 at 9:02 AM

I plan on visiting the Vancouver, Washington area after Seattle, and going across the
      Columbia river for "sales tax" free shopping in Portland, Oregon.

Is it possible to do this without a car?
      Is it worth going to Portland for shopping?

It must be nice to live in an income tax free state like Washington, and drive
      across the river to a sales tax free state like Oregon.

• Jokerit_pl's Profile Photo

What to do?

by Jokerit_pl Online Now Aug 28, 2006 at 12:28 PM

Hi VTers, I am going to be in Vancouver for a couple of days this week staying with a friend. Can you give me some suggestions on things to see here? Also, if you can suggest places nearby Vancouver to see things and do, besides Portland, that would also be appreciated. Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 28, 2006 at 4:59 PM
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Good restaurant?

by diamond_skies Online Now Dec 29, 2005 at 1:41 PM

Going to visit Dear Old Dad in the Spring and he has been complaining about the lack of good restaurants in the Vancouver area. He said that everything is either a chain or fairly posh (Hudsons, Bacchus, etc). He likes Hudsons but has been trying to find something in the mid-price range that isn't a chain or fast food. I know PDX has a plethora of good places but Dad also hates crossing the river and driving in Downtown.

Is there anything that is within, say 20 miles of Vancouver that has good, home cooked food, is still in Washington State and is reasonably priced and not a Red Robin or Applebys? Dad most likely will know every restaurant in the area but I am hoping someone knows a hidden place that he hasn't found yet! :o)

Many thanks,

Jane

8 Answers Jan 18, 2006 at 12:32 AM
    • Cruises to Alaska

by mommaloo81 Online Now Feb 25, 2004 at 10:16 AM

We have to be on the West Coast in August and are thinking about taking a cruise to Alaska from either Vancouver or Seattle, but don't want to take one of the big, fancy cruise ships. Does anyone know of smaller, funkier ships that cruise to Alaska? Thanks Alice in New Haven, Ct

5 Answers Feb 26, 2004 at 1:24 PM