Valparaíso Travel Answers

change location

Bus Transportation

by DianeDe Online Now Jun 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Is there bus transportation from Valparaiso Ferry Terminal to RQ Central Suites in Santiago?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Bus Transportation

by gwened Online Now Jun 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM

there is a bus stattion in Valparaiso and have several direct trip to Santiago bus terminal. Great riden ,from RQ use the Santiago metro system

http://www.terminaldebusessantiago.cl/
    http://www.metrosantiago.cl/
    hope it helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Bus Transportation

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jun 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I am assuming you are talking about the Valpariso Port that you will be arriving at.

There are not direct buses to the main Valpariso Bus Station. Definitely take a taxi from the Valpariso Cruise Terminal to the Valpariso Bus Station. It is not worth the walk and it is not a good area of town to be walking with luggage. If you are on a ship coming in there should be a flood of taxis ready to take you there. The taxis are easy to spot there. If I were to guess it might cost you between the equivalent of 10 to 15 in US dollars.

When you get to the Valpariso Bus Station make sure you ask for a direct bus to Santiago. They leave about every twenty minutes. Several of them stop at the towns in between doubling the length of your trip. Make sure you get off in Santiago at the Pajraritos Station. Cost will vary depending on what line you take but all the fares are cheap. You will pay about the cost of the taxi ride to the Bus Station. From there I would take a taxi to the RQ Central Suites.

My Santiago, Chile page has a photo of the Pajaritos bus station in Santiago with a few arrows indicating where the buses and taxis leave from.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines