Valparaíso Travel Answers

change location

valparaiso

by chrisbechard Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I would like to travel from the airport in santiago directly to valpairiso
on a bus is this possible and dose anyone how much it costs?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Re: valparaiso

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 8:33 AM

There's no bus that goes from the airport to Valparaiso. You'll need to catch the airport bus into Santiago first. Get off at the Pajaritos stop and transfer there to the bus to Valparaiso. All the buses to Valparaiso stop at Pajaritos - it's not the city centre bus station but is on the way out of the city - transferring there will save you a lot of time as you avoid the city centre traffic. There are buses all through the day at about 15 minute intervals. It takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get to the bus station in Valparaiso and will cost you something like the equivalent of7 or8. Once you get to Valparaiso, you'll probably need to get a taxi to the port - it's too far to walk and, although there's a metro, the station for that is a bit of a walk from the bus, particularly with luggage. You'll need local money for that and the buses, so change some at the airport.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • milliturtle's Profile Photo

by milliturtle Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM

If you want to check out the prices, both Turbus and Centropuerto runs buses from the airport to Pajaritos (I used Centropuerto). Two companies that run the Pajaritos to Valparaiso buses are Turbus and Pullman. I think all of them have websites but you will need to google translate them.

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I agree with Camel. Just want to add when you get to Pajaritos station you will find several buses that indicate that they go to Valpariso. Some of them will stop at the towns along the way and add another one to two hours to the trip. Just ask before boarding;

es este el autobús sin escalas a Valparaiso?

The fare I paid in the reverse direction was about12 US if I recall.

• Re: valparaiso

by mhstepp Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Take Pullman or Turbus from the central Santiago bus terminal. Both are good companies. It costs about8 US dollars as of March 25 2012. The trip takes about 1.5 hours. Bus trips in Chile are comfortable, safe and fairly cheap.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines