Valparaíso Travel Answers

change location

Travel from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport

by frequenttraveller28 Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 8:10 AM

My husband and I arrive by cruise ship in January 2010 and would like to look around Valparaiso before travelling to the airport. Is there anywhere we can leave our luggage before catching the bus?

How often do the buses run and how long does it take to get to the airport? Also do you have to pre-book or just turn up and buy a ticket?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Travel from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport

by Huentetu Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM

You can store luggage in the bus station at the "custodia". I would not recommend this if you have a lot of luggage as you need to keep a close watch on it in bus stations. There are no porters or trolleys.
    The buses leave every 15 mins or so and you should be able to just get a ticket when you store the luggage, unless it is the end of a long weekend. It takes about an hour and a half to Pajaritos metro station (All buses will stop there if requested. You need to indicate you want to get off there and not go all the way into town to the bus station). From Pajaritos you can get an airport bus, they leave every 20-30 minutes, or a taxi to the airport which is a further 20-30 minutes away.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines