Valparaíso Travel Answers

change location

New Year's Eve cruise to watch fireworks

by Kokonuts Online Now Sep 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I have a friend who will be in Valparaiso for this coming New Year's. He read about cruises from Muelle Prat to watch the fireworks display. I read that tickets should be bought one to two weeks in advance. However, he will not arrive in Chile until 12/24 and in Valparaiso until 12/29. Is there any way for him to secure tickets for this cruise any other way in advance?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: New Year's Eve cruise to watch fireworks

by Huentetu Online Now Sep 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Does he have the name of a company? Most of the boats which go out to see the fireworks from the bay are the same small craft which take you on tours around the bay. They close the port - I can't remember the exact time, but it is around 10 pm - and you have to be on the boat and out of the port by then. This makes for a long wait and it can be cold on the open boat. You then wait to be able to return after the fireworks. Just so you know. If he has managed to find a larger vessel with some shelter aboard, then it would be worth doing. It is a great view. I have done it on a tug a couple of times but it was a private invitation and there was food, champagne and a bathroom! Check exactly what sort of craft it is on.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines