Valparaíso Travel Answers

change location

Anyone travelling from Santiago to Valparaiso on April 11, 2009?

by StuinPenticton Online Now Nov 23, 2008 at 1:49 PM

My wife and I are arriving on an Air Canada flight from Toronto to Santiago on April 11, 2009. We start a cruise the next day, leaving from Valparaiso. Is anyone else on the same itinerary, and what options are you considering to get from the airport in Santiago to Valparaiso?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Anyone travelling from Santiago to Valparaiso on April 11, 2009?

by lotjederidder Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Hi, I am not travelling on that cruise but I do live in Valparaíso. You have several options: when you arrive in Santiago, at the arrival gate, you can book private transport either to the hotel in Santiago or to a hotel in Valparaiso (there are a number of desks located just when you pass customs). Prices for a taxi to Valparaiso are around 10O US dollars. You can stay in Santiago the day you arrive, but i would advise you to enjoy the opportunity to get to know the beautiful town of Valparaiso. There are lots of lodging options in Valparaiso, the classier hotels are Casa Higueras (www.casahigueras.cl)or Hotel Zero (zerohotel.com). They have English websites and are very helpful. If you book a room in Valparaiso, they can arrange transport from the airport (it is only 1,5 hour from the airport to Valparaiso). To get to your cruiseship on the 11th, your hotel can arrange a taxi for around 15 US to drop you off at the passengers terminal in Valparaiso.
    I hope this helps you, if you would like to know about cheaper lodging options in Valparaiso, let me know

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines