change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wedding at Mellieha Bay Hotel

Malta 11 hours ago

Hi everyone,

I have just booked to get married at Melliaha Bay Hotel and while I have seen lots of good reviews about weddings there I am struggling to find any photo's of weddings in the Gazebo and I have also seen from one of the reviews that guests have to stand as there is no room.

If anyone has photo's they could send me I would be very grateful. I would also like to know what you did with your guests as I don't want them to be uncomfortable!

Many thanks

more
    • Wedding in Mellieha Bay Malta

Mellieha Apr 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hi has anyone got married at Mellieha Bay hotel in Malta. if so how was your day.. My son and partner due to get married there in June,
      Thanks
      Jan x

more
    • about resort

Sliema Apr 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM

staying in silema for six nights in july,just wondering if it is a quiet resort,dont know anything about malta.

more
    • Transport from Nice to Malta (Valletta?)

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I have been looking for fast and reasonable transport from the Nice airport to Valletta, without success. The few flights I find all go via a connecting city, most often in the wrong direction. A round trip seems to run upwards of 300 Euros. I tought that perhaps there might also be a high-speed ferry alternative, but again, find nothing.

We are thinking of taking a 3 day break there in mid or late May. All suggestions are welcome.

Carl

more
    • Best (most central?) location to be on Malta?

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are thinking of a 3 or 4 day excursion to Malta in late May. There are a number of islands, etc. We don't want to move every day. How easy is it to go from one to the other by ferry for a day-trip? All suggestions are welcome, including hotels. We will consider upscale as long as its worth the experience.

Thanks.

Carl

more
    • Raimix's Profile Photo

Malta in almost full week

Malta Apr 13, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello ;)

I booked flights to Malta for second part of May. It would be nice to know what are the basic places to visit in Malta during 7 days. Priorities are sightseeing, also some time being in beach and probably clubbing at least one evening ;)

As I understood, Valletta could be the best place to stay because of transportation? What weather to expect in second part of May?

As for know I believe Valletta sightseeing could be at least for one day and also full daytrip to Gozo ;)

Thanks for help,
      Greetings
      Raimundas.

more
    • Knitting yarn

by Jax3501 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Here for a week and am running short of wool. Where can I buy double knit? We are in Valletta but doesn't matter! Help please.. Knitting, my addiction!!

2 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • jimbo1105's Profile Photo

Valletta Arch, Where has it gone ?

by jimbo1105 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Has anyone got a photograph of the new entrance to Valletta ?

I liked the old arch ! I think it was part of Malta's heritage but I have heard it has been destroyed forever.

3 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • airport to valletta

by GlennBowman Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM

how difficult/expensive is it to get from Valletta airport to Valletta old town?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

airport to Cirkewwa harbour

by xaver Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Hi,
      Any idea on how to go from airport to Cirkewwa around midnight? Is taxi the only option I could not find busses running that late online.
      Thanks

7 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • Free in Malta

by Mal131 Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Top free attractions in Malta by areas: North, South, Valletta, Central. Including museums and 1st wk of september festivals, excluding churches and cathedrals.

7 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    • Winemanjr's Profile Photo

Arch outside of Valletta

by Winemanjr Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 8:12 AM

What is the Name of the Arch on the road to Valletta

4 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • DavidD63's Profile Photo

souvenir shop

by DavidD63 Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM

can someone tell me the name of the first souvenir shop on republic street on the right side.and maybe contact details..an email watever..thanks

• silab's Profile Photo

cruise to valleta end september

by silab Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM

hi,
      getting to the port by cruise, i don't like the excursions offered on the boat, what to see,what to do,how to get a good transport from-to the port? 2 persons ,thanks

9 Answers Sep 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    • bobnfran's Profile Photo

Would like to visit Valletta with a local person!

by bobnfran Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM

We are an active senior couple from the USA who will be visiting in Valletta on Tuesday September 11th. We would enjoy meeting an English-speaking resident or couple who would like to show us around your city/town and hopefully create a friendship.

Learning about your culture and way of life is of interest to us. And this is a good way to create peace in the world.

If interested and free that day, please post a reply. No professional tour-guides, please.

Bob & Fran

1 Answer Aug 20, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    • davidgu's Profile Photo

Day trip from Gozo to Valletta by seaplane

by davidgu Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM

My girlfriend, my 14yr old son and I have a week's holiday in Gozo in August. We're thinking of taking the seaplane to Valetta for a day trip.

We're open to suggestions as to what to see ... bear in mind that we'd like things that all three of us can appreciate, so we need to satisfy the needs of a 14 year old boy and us two in our late 40s! We've all got at least some interest in history, art and architecture.

I'd earmarked the Malta Experience show (for a good grounding in the history so we know what we're looking at later) the noon-day gun at Barrakka Gardens and the Co-Cathedral.

How long should we allow to cover all those?

Is there anything else that we could fit in without rushing, and that would suit all of us?

Thanks

Dave

3 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    • Which Bus?

by MarianZ Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Hello, my husband and I are coming for our first trip to Malta next week - we are getting a bus from the airport to Valletta - our destination is the Osborne Hotel.
      My husband hates walking - I know the Hotel is only 500 metres from the bus station but we'll have to get another bus - unless the bus from the airport goes down/near South St. Which bus? Am wary of taxis even for short distances - been stung too many times. desperately need some local knowledge, for which I am very grateful in advance. Thanks, Marian

8 Answers Jan 15, 2011 at 2:50 AM
    • Self Guide Valetta???

by missnikita Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Hello all

We are arriving into Valetta at the end of Jan on a cruise ship and was hoping we might be able to do our own little self guided tour??? Any tips on how to get into town and what to see, would be awesome. We have only 7 hrs though so not much time.

Cheers

Nik and Geoff.

7 Answers Jan 5, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

How to get from the cruise-port to the airport ?

by globetrott Online Now Oct 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM

How to get from the cruise-port to the airport ?

6 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

"Nightlife" in March

by Turska Online Now Sep 18, 2010 at 5:56 AM

Is there any "nightlife" in Valletta in March? I don´t mean nightclubs, I just mean restaurants open late (or do locals eat late like many others in southern Europe? We do, even if we are Finnish,and it´s not common in here) and pubs maybe or some other places to sit down and have a few drinks without being the only ones in a pub/bar.

By the way-do they drive at right side or left side of the street in there?

11 Answers Sep 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    • BE001903's Profile Photo

Suggestion on restaurant in Valetta

by BE001903 Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Hi,

What would you suggest as a restaurant in Valetta for a romantic dinner for 2? (looking for great food and nice atmosphere, can be expensive)
      I read about Fusion 4. Has anyone been?
      Other great restaurants you guys know about?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 2:56 AM
    • looking for a room or appartmant for 12 nights

by wictory Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

hello everyone,

i need an accomodation for 2 people from 26.sept. - 8.okt. Anyone wants to rent a room out in there appartmant or knows someone who does, please drop me a message for details...many thanks

wictory_bc@hotmail.com

• afternoon in valletta with cruise

by juju64 Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM

we are arriving at 1200 hrs and departing at 1800hrs we would like to do a grand harbour cruise. can we only get one from sliema or do the leave from valletta too?how do we get to sliema?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    • Sambawalk's Profile Photo

2-3 day visit to Valletta, Malta

by Sambawalk Online Now Nov 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Hi, I am travelling to Sicily in New year time and just realize that Malta is a short ferry trip from OSuth Sicily. I wonder if it is worth while to pay a visit for 2-3days just to Valletta? I have info on the ferry already, my concerns is on the (1) places to visit and the more importantly, (2) reasonable price (say below 50 euro) accommodation for 1 person around 30/31 Dec - 2 Jan. My interests are historical palces, architecture, etc.. not into parties nor beaches. Thanks.

7 Answers Dec 7, 2009 at 3:44 AM
    • Clothing

by Paulaj10184 Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 5:34 PM

How would you recommend a tourist dress for sightsseing by foot in Valletta in mid November? Jeans, shorts, capris, sandles, closed toe?

2 Answers Nov 10, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Opening hours for St. John's Co Cathedral

by schmechi Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Unfortunately my guide is capable of being misunderstood, because it states opening hours concerning St. John's Co Cathedral (Monday-friday 9:30-12:30 a.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m. and 9:30-12:30 a.m. on saturdays). I'm unsure, wether this opening hours are just for the associated museum or also for the cathedral and the oratorio itself.

May I visit the church (not the museum) on sundays?

7 Answers Sep 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

Looking for Tentura

by irvbur Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 11:23 AM

The last time I was in Europe I brought home a bottle of Cinnamon and Clove flavor liquore (Tentura)and loved it. I have been unable to get it here in the U.S. I will be going to Europe again soon and would love to bring home a few more bottles. Does anyone know if I can buy this in Valletta? Thanks, Irv

2 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM
    • NAAFI

by Js0019 Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 7:52 AM

How do you get to the NAAFI canteen in Valletta?

1 Answer Aug 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    • Bus trip from Sliema to Valletta

by jiimanie Online Now Aug 14, 2009 at 3:44 AM

Hello!
      I am planning a trip to Malta and am thinking of staying in Sliema but have read that I may need to journey to Valletta in order to get buses to elsewhere on the island. Does anybody know approximately how long the bus trip from Sliema to Valletta takes? I've looked on the ATP website but all I can find is how often they leave, not how long they take. I appreciate that it will differ due to traffic etc, but if anyone knows an average time that would be really helpful! It may mean the difference between staying in Sliema and staying in Valletta.

Thanks,
      Jiimanie

7 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Grand Harbour Cruises

by schmechi Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 6:09 AM

I have got some questions about Grand Harbour cruises: Which operators are recommandable for these? And when do they start, how long does a tour take? Do they all start in Sliema? And finally: Is it more advisable to do a cruise a.m. or p.m. for photography reasons (eg. back lighting due to sun, etc).

Thanx in advance!

4 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Timetable for excursion

by schmechi Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I'll visit Malta next October and I'll be reliant to public busses. I'll stay in Sliema. Because it is necessary to make a reservation for visitng the Hypogeum and to specify the visitng hour, I need to make a timetable of my second day in Malta.

So here is my rough plan: Early in the morning (after taking my breakfast) I want to make a Grand Harbour boat-tour. When will these tours start and how long do they take? Are there tours starting in Sliema and ending in Valletta (because of the bus connection to Hypogeum)? Or will it be necessary to take the ferry from Sliema to Valletta after the tour to catch a bus to Hypogeum?

After that I'll visit Hypogeum. So here is the crucial question: How late it'll be, when I'll arrive at Hypogeum? How long will the public bus take from Valletta to Hypogeum? (BTW: Which Bus should I take?)

After that I'd like to visit Tarxien temples, Marsaxlokk and Vittoriosa. Is this too much for one day (I'm in good condiotion but reliant to public busses as mentioned). Or do you even see a change to do Mdina too?

Thanx in advance!

12 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Where to stay in Malta for locational tour

by schmechi Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 5:51 AM

Which Maltese site you'd recommend as basis for locational tours around the island and Gozo?

I'll visit Malta in late October for about 4 days. I am planning to visit Valetta's old town, Gozo and Hal Saflieni Hypogeum for sure and every other site, I'm able to do...

btw: I'd prefer to stay somewhere, where I can go out at night and not in the middle of nowhere. Please keep in mind, that the bathing season will be over...

5 Answers Jul 30, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    • luckybluesman's Profile Photo

Walking Valletta

by luckybluesman Online Now Feb 12, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Hello VT,

My wife and I are from Sweden. Our cruise will visit Valletta on December 2, 2009. We want to do some walking in the morning but the up-hill steps will be too much for us. I have 2 ideas and hope you can help us with your comments.

We could go to the "Upper Barrakka Gardens". Can you get a bus at the waterfront or do you have to walk to the bus station at the fountain? What bus number would we take? From Barrakka Gardens we could walk back down to the waterfront. Are there several roads leading from the garden to the waterfront? Do you have a favorite route or triq? Do you have favorite places to get a cool drink and/or something light to eat along the way?

Second could walk from Valletta to Sliema and take the ferry back. Maybe we would walk to the bus station and then thru Maglio Gardens to the strand and then on to Sliema. Do you have special places you like along this
      walk?

Which of these walks would you recommend for a 62 year old couple in average health? We have about 4 or 5 hours, from early (8 am) morning to around noon or 1 pm. We really like local hang-outs and a cold Cisk or 2 would be great even in December at noon.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer this question.

6 Answers Aug 15, 2009 at 6:12 AM
    • Grand Harbour Hotel - too many steps??

by valettagem Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 2:32 AM

Hi all - I have booked a to stay at Grand Harbour and am trying to find out just how many steps are there to climb to get to bus terminal. Can Taxis get down there if I am coming back late at night?

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    • looking for a book recommended before my trip to Malta

by maurerruth Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 2:07 AM

I got a recommendation to read a book "Capalan of Malta" by Montsarrat before my trip to Malta next summer. But it is out of print except in Malta. Can you tell me how I might purchase it?

3 Answers Oct 20, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    • Need input for shore excursion Valletta first week of December 2008

by gonetomontana Online Now Oct 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM

We will be in docking in Valletta for 7 hours. Will have about 5 hours to see the best available. Friends want to take the 3 cities & a Maltese 'Dghajsas' boat ride. The cities are Senglea, Vittoriosa, & Marsaxlokk. Is this a very good tour?

I would like to see more of Valletta & Marsaxlokk. Tell me about Vallett, Best way to get around and what is the cost of transportation around town and over the marsaxlokk.

Remember it is First Week Of December. Please help with experiences and suggestions.

Thank You

Steve

5 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 12:32 AM