Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bocci/Bocce game

Malta Sep 17, 2015 at 1:58 AM

The Maltese Bocci games we saw employed a 'cylindrical' Roller. What are the dimensions, weight, material of these Rollers? They seem to fly in a very erratic manner do they have a deliberate weight imbalance?
      How do the Rollers point score? Are the Rollers used optionally in any game and at any time (within a turn)? Does each team would have the statutory 4 balls, plus, optionally how many Rollers? We've seen two rollers per team on occasions. Perhaps a roller being used in the turn of a ball or in addition to?
      Do the Rollers have to leave the hand in a horizontal cylindrical fashion or in any manner, even end-over-end?

• Tunnel from Valletta Waterfront

by kathy10 Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 12:49 PM

I've read of a tunnel that can be accessed from the lower level of the MCP car park near the bus terminus, but where do you enter it from the waterfront if arriving on a cruise ship? Also, from the cruise port, where do we need to walk to use the Barrakka Lift. Since we would like to visit the Sunday Market at St. James Ditch first, the tunnel seems to make more sense to get into town and then use the Lift when we return to port. Many thanks for your assistance.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Local small grocery stores in Valletta for tradtional local food products...?(Not Wembleys!!!)

by philosykos Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Where can I find a local grocery store in Valletta to buy some prickly pear jam as well as other local goodies? Please not Wembleys! I am looking for a local small grocery store that locals use.I hear Wembleys just caters to tourist and prices are quite over priced. I do not know if the daily street market on Merchant street has vendors selling these items..but surely there must be a small grcery store or two?? Many thanks!

5 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 7:32 PM
    • Running/Jogging

by AnnaJ. Online Now Jul 21, 2015 at 5:09 AM

Hello guys,

I will be staying in Valletta in 15 days time, so I would like to know if there are any running / jogging paths that are safe (no traffic)? The path doesn't need to be long, I would run up to 5 km. Can anyone recommend where to run?
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 21, 2015 at 6:01 AM

Another Hop On/Off bus question!

by philosykos Online Now Jul 17, 2015 at 7:08 AM

Hi..sorry guys..another bus question.What is the price for the city sightseeing ticket? Because I am reading that people got it more expensive or cheaper than others..isn't there a set price?

I am hoping to do the Wednesday combined north & south route next month when in Valletta...I would like to get the bus from Valletta..Where is the nearest stop to Castille Hotel? And do I just buy the ticket from the driver??Many thanks again as always!

6 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Bus to Birgu/Marsaxlokk/Medina..or take Hop On/Off??

by philosykos Online Now Jun 17, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Hi..I will be in Valletta in August 3 full days. I would like t take a short visits to see the fishing harbour at Marsaxlokk and also visit Birgu and Medina...Question..should I take a public bus? Numbers? What stop do I get off for Marshalokk Harbour? Birgu town? And where would the return bus stops be for Valletta? I am bad at orientation..thus the questions! OR would I be better off to take the Hop On Off bus that goes to all these places for my own peace of mind?? Do advise!Many thanks!

2 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 12:31 AM
    • restaurants

by nottely Online Now Jun 3, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Has anyone been to Rampila recently? Trying to find a nice restaurant for birthday celebration while in Valletta.. Any suggestions?

3 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 12:30 PM
    • Too steep ?

by mjb12345 Online Now Mar 20, 2015 at 5:56 AM

We want to visit Valletta ,preferably in an apartment, but most seem to be situated on steep streets. As we are in our 80's( although reasonably fit ) ,we don't want to find that we can't explore easily on foot. Any help or advice would be gratefully received .

5 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM
    • Beaches in Valletta Malta

by Dianeguarascio Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Are there any Beaches in Valletta near cruise port

8 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • Valletta malta

by Dianeguarascio Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 5:48 AM

We will be visiting Valletta Malta for one day with cruise ship, we would like to explore on our own any suggestions

1 Answer Feb 15, 2015 at 10:40 AM
    • Looking for a small coffee shop

by chef2000 Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Wondering if anybody knows of a very small cafeteria in central Valletta were either 1 of the employees or owner's name is Luca.

• Knitting yarn

by Jax3501 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Here for a week and am running short of wool. Where can I buy double knit? We are in Valletta but doesn't matter! Help please.. Knitting, my addiction!!

2 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • jimbo1105's Profile Photo

Valletta Arch, Where has it gone ?

by jimbo1105 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Has anyone got a photograph of the new entrance to Valletta ?

I liked the old arch ! I think it was part of Malta's heritage but I have heard it has been destroyed forever.

3 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • airport to valletta

by GlennBowman Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM

how difficult/expensive is it to get from Valletta airport to Valletta old town?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

airport to Cirkewwa harbour

by xaver Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Any idea on how to go from airport to Cirkewwa around midnight? Is taxi the only option I could not find busses running that late online.

7 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • Free in Malta

by Mal131 Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Top free attractions in Malta by areas: North, South, Valletta, Central. Including museums and 1st wk of september festivals, excluding churches and cathedrals.

7 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM
    • Winemanjr's Profile Photo

Arch outside of Valletta

by Winemanjr Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 8:12 AM

What is the Name of the Arch on the road to Valletta

4 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • DavidD63's Profile Photo

souvenir shop

by DavidD63 Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM

can someone tell me the name of the first souvenir shop on republic street on the right side.and maybe contact email watever..thanks

• silab's Profile Photo

cruise to valleta end september

by silab Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM

getting to the port by cruise, i don't like the excursions offered on the boat, what to see,what to do,how to get a good transport from-to the port? 2 persons ,thanks

9 Answers Sep 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    • bobnfran's Profile Photo

Would like to visit Valletta with a local person!

by bobnfran Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM

We are an active senior couple from the USA who will be visiting in Valletta on Tuesday September 11th. We would enjoy meeting an English-speaking resident or couple who would like to show us around your city/town and hopefully create a friendship.

Learning about your culture and way of life is of interest to us. And this is a good way to create peace in the world.

If interested and free that day, please post a reply. No professional tour-guides, please.

Bob & Fran

1 Answer Aug 20, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    • davidgu's Profile Photo

Day trip from Gozo to Valletta by seaplane

by davidgu Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM

My girlfriend, my 14yr old son and I have a week's holiday in Gozo in August. We're thinking of taking the seaplane to Valetta for a day trip.

We're open to suggestions as to what to see ... bear in mind that we'd like things that all three of us can appreciate, so we need to satisfy the needs of a 14 year old boy and us two in our late 40s! We've all got at least some interest in history, art and architecture.

I'd earmarked the Malta Experience show (for a good grounding in the history so we know what we're looking at later) the noon-day gun at Barrakka Gardens and the Co-Cathedral.

How long should we allow to cover all those?

Is there anything else that we could fit in without rushing, and that would suit all of us?

3 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    • Which Bus?

by MarianZ Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Hello, my husband and I are coming for our first trip to Malta next week - we are getting a bus from the airport to Valletta - our destination is the Osborne Hotel.
      My husband hates walking - I know the Hotel is only 500 metres from the bus station but we'll have to get another bus - unless the bus from the airport goes down/near South St. Which bus? Am wary of taxis even for short distances - been stung too many times. desperately need some local knowledge, for which I am very grateful in advance. Thanks, Marian

8 Answers Jan 15, 2011 at 2:50 AM
    • Self Guide Valetta???

by missnikita Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Hello all

We are arriving into Valetta at the end of Jan on a cruise ship and was hoping we might be able to do our own little self guided tour??? Any tips on how to get into town and what to see, would be awesome. We have only 7 hrs though so not much time.

Nik and Geoff.

7 Answers Jan 5, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

How to get from the cruise-port to the airport ?

by globetrott Online Now Oct 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM

How to get from the cruise-port to the airport ?

6 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

"Nightlife" in March

by Turska Online Now Sep 18, 2010 at 5:56 AM

Is there any "nightlife" in Valletta in March? I don´t mean nightclubs, I just mean restaurants open late (or do locals eat late like many others in southern Europe? We do, even if we are Finnish,and it´s not common in here) and pubs maybe or some other places to sit down and have a few drinks without being the only ones in a pub/bar.

By the way-do they drive at right side or left side of the street in there?

11 Answers Sep 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    • BE001903's Profile Photo

Suggestion on restaurant in Valetta

by BE001903 Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 3:42 AM

What would you suggest as a restaurant in Valetta for a romantic dinner for 2? (looking for great food and nice atmosphere, can be expensive)
      I read about Fusion 4. Has anyone been?
      Other great restaurants you guys know about?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 2:56 AM
    • looking for a room or appartmant for 12 nights

by wictory Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

hello everyone,

i need an accomodation for 2 people from 26.sept. - 8.okt. Anyone wants to rent a room out in there appartmant or knows someone who does, please drop me a message for details...many thanks

• afternoon in valletta with cruise

by juju64 Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM

we are arriving at 1200 hrs and departing at 1800hrs we would like to do a grand harbour cruise. can we only get one from sliema or do the leave from valletta too?how do we get to sliema?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    • Sambawalk's Profile Photo

2-3 day visit to Valletta, Malta

by Sambawalk Online Now Nov 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Hi, I am travelling to Sicily in New year time and just realize that Malta is a short ferry trip from OSuth Sicily. I wonder if it is worth while to pay a visit for 2-3days just to Valletta? I have info on the ferry already, my concerns is on the (1) places to visit and the more importantly, (2) reasonable price (say below 50 euro) accommodation for 1 person around 30/31 Dec - 2 Jan. My interests are historical palces, architecture, etc.. not into parties nor beaches. Thanks.

7 Answers Dec 7, 2009 at 3:44 AM
    • Clothing

by Paulaj10184 Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 5:34 PM

How would you recommend a tourist dress for sightsseing by foot in Valletta in mid November? Jeans, shorts, capris, sandles, closed toe?

2 Answers Nov 10, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Opening hours for St. John's Co Cathedral

by schmechi Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Unfortunately my guide is capable of being misunderstood, because it states opening hours concerning St. John's Co Cathedral (Monday-friday 9:30-12:30 a.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m. and 9:30-12:30 a.m. on saturdays). I'm unsure, wether this opening hours are just for the associated museum or also for the cathedral and the oratorio itself.

May I visit the church (not the museum) on sundays?

7 Answers Sep 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM