Travel Answers
Valldal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to arrange a hike on a glacier from various ports? How to travel from Olden to Hellesytt

Geiranger Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

We will be traveling to western Norway from May 17-May 25th.
      Our ports are Skjolden,Flam,Olden,Alesund and Stavanger.

I have booked Ferry passage to Gudvangen from Flam to see the Naeroyfjord. we will return by bus and hopefully take the Flam rail to Mydal and back to Flam

I booked a cruise through the Stavanger Archipelago into the Lysefjord.

I am wondering if I should try to go to find our way to Hellesytt so we can cruise Geiranger. is this possible from Olden? we will only be in port from 8-5

We would also like the opportunity to have a guided tour on a glacier and or kayak on a glacial lake. Perhaps from our stop in Skjolden (Nigard/Jostedal glacier) or in Olden (Briksdal Glacier) The cruise ship offers on trips to only view the glacier.

This might limit my opportunity to travel to Geiranger. Perhaps next trip? So much to see and experience.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

more
    • Geiranger via road 63

Geiranger Yesterday

hello,

I am planning to rent a car from hemsedal and using highway 15 to use road63. This will be occured on 5th of may. Do you know if the road will be opened at this period?

Regards, Alex

more
    • Glenda530's Profile Photo

Kristiansund tour

Kristiansund Apr 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Is it possible to do a trip ourselves without using the cruise tour which are very expensive? Also is there any shopping available in the city? Thank you

more