change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Roermond for 'younger people'

Roermond Apr 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am possibly moving to Roermond or Maastricht on a permenant basis. I have not spent much time in Roermond so I was wondering what the nightlife was like in general for people of my age (32). I am not looking for it to be bustling but some life particularly on weekends would be good.

Also, I found Maastricht to be fairly metropolitan with many English speaking people - probably due to the university. Is Roermond much the same or is it mainly populated by Dutch people.

Any reply from somebody with experience of these city's would be a great help.

Thank you :)

more
    • Visit to Maastricht

Maastricht Mar 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I am planning to visit Europe from June 1-7. I have to be in Maastricht from June 4 till 7.I wonder what interesting places I can visit during June 1-3 finally arriving in Maastricht on 4. Can you suggest an itinerary.

more
    • Valkenburg Pistols

by mredbenson Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Were the Valkenburg 5 shot, 32 caliber pistols of the WWII era actually made somewhere in Valkenburg ?

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    • Old hotel

by fredetr Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 3:37 AM

As a child I stayed in a hotel named "The grot van Lourdes" in old Valkenburg just after the war. It apparently does not exist anymore but could you avise names of current hotels in that same area please? (Underneath the castle ruins at the bottom of the Cauberg)
      Thank you in advance.

Fred Etter
      fredetr@aapt.net.au

3 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    • transport to maastricht

by shrivenham Online Now May 21, 2011 at 8:35 PM

we will be in Valkenburg for only a few days ,and have booked for the Andre Rieu concert on friday 22 July.we are an elderly couple 81 and 76 .Will there be special buses to get back to our hotel in Valkenburg after the concert,probably around midnight? We would not want to walk more than 500 metres.
      Any advice would be appreciated.
      Alf & Joan

2 Answers May 22, 2011 at 3:54 AM
    • hotspring

by Lily222222 Online Now Dec 21, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Hello,We want to try the hotspring there in this Christmas.Do I need to make the reservation of booking?How much of the price?Are they selling for swimming clothes there?Thank you very much.

4 Answers Dec 21, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    • hotspring

by Lily222222 Online Now Dec 21, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Hello,We want to try the hotspring there in this Christmas.Do I need to make the reservation of booking?How much of the price?Are they selling for swimming clothes there?Thank you very much.

4 Answers Dec 21, 2010 at 4:30 AM
    • First time visit

by blijberg09 Online Now Mar 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM

We are scottish and have been living in Rotterdam for 6 months. We are trying to see more of Holland. Valkenbrug was recommended by work colleagues. We will be traveling from Rotterdam by public transport.

Can you tell us what is the best way to get there !!

Marie & Stewart McGoldrick

6 Answers Mar 13, 2010 at 3:14 AM
    • rovert123

by rovert123 Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 1:51 AM

we are a veterans football team - over 45's. team vernon carus, we visited valkenburg over 20 years ago and we are looking at visiting again and would like to know if ther are any veteran football teams we could play a couple of friendlies against. we are looking at dates arrive 13/14 may and leave 18 may.

2 Answers Aug 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    • Mayor of Valkenburg?

by the_clerk Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 4:56 AM

Can anyone tell me if Valkenburg has a Town Mayor or a town hall building please.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2009 at 5:25 AM
    • Horse riding

by olga_fr Online Now Jun 12, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for stables/farm in Valkenburg or near it where I can take a trip for few hours.

I'll appreciate if someone can give me a contact of such place.

Thanks,

3 Answers Jun 13, 2007 at 9:47 AM
    • Hotel Rooding, Valkenburg, The Netherlands

by emxjs Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Can you tell me what credit cards this hotel accepts?

Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 21, 2007 at 5:07 PM
    • northeast80's Profile Photo

Any hostels in town?

by northeast80 Online Now Oct 9, 2006 at 2:56 AM

I've been looking around for a cheap place to stay in Valkenburg and can only find expensive hotels, all the links on google to hostels turn into nothing.
      I could do a day trip but the train one way from where I'm staying will be 3.5hrs, a little too long for a day trip I think.
      Unfortunately I'll be too early for the Kerstmis markets, but I'm sure we'll find a lot more to do....
      Thanks

3 Answers Oct 10, 2006 at 12:23 AM
    • Accomodation in/near Valkenburg

by Maeve_81 Online Now Nov 19, 2005 at 6:14 AM

Hi all
      I'm planning a trip to Valkenburg and surroundings early december.

Can anyone recommend me a cosy b&b with a fireplace, no tv and a great breakfast with pindakaas? you know what I mean :)
      If not, any comments on 't Vakwerkhuis and Kasteel Schaloen, those where to two places on the website of VVV Zuid-Limburg that I liked most.

Offcourse I would like to visit the Christmas market in de gemeentegrot and the fluweelengrot (found all information on the Valkenburg Kerststad website) but I also would like to go hiking or biking in the area. Any tips where to go for fantastic views? Can I rent bikes in the neighbourhood?

Thank you, groetjes Elke

2 Answers Dec 3, 2005 at 5:29 AM
    • morgandk's Profile Photo

Dancing and nightlife!

by morgandk Online Now Nov 21, 2003 at 8:17 PM

Any good clubs in Valkenburg?

3 Answers Nov 24, 2003 at 12:57 PM