Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus to Alicante airport from Alicante bus station

Alicante Sep 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM

I've travelled on the C6 bus from Alicante airport to Alicante bus station. However to get to the airport from the bus station should I get the bus coming from the airport to Plaza Puerta del Mar? Will I have to pay for two journeys: one from the bus station to the terminus at Puerta del Mar, and another from Puerta del Mar to the airport? It seems that the return journey to the airport doesn't stop at, or near, Alicante bus station.
      Thanks very much for any response you are able to make.

• AidanM62's Profile Photo

Is it always windy in Calpe ?

Calpe Sep 13, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Hi guys
      We were in Calpe in May 2014. We really loved the place ... but the wind !!!!!
      It was really strong most days and got particularly cool in the evenings.
      We knew evenings can get cool at that time of year, but we weren't expecting such strong winds and to be honest it took some of the enjoyment out of our holiday.
      We're thinking of going back in June 2016 and I was wondering if we can expect the same or is the weather calmer in June ? Maybe we just hit a bad week in May 2014 ?

I hope so because we really liked Calpe and we'd love to return.

• train/tram to alicante

Benidorm Sep 9, 2015 at 12:30 PM

have heard there is a train or tram that goes round by the coast from benidorm to alicante and wondered if anybody has any information on this

• December in Benidorm

Benidorm Sep 9, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Are there plenty bars open in December (4th to 8th) ie like the Western and places with tribute acts comedy shows etc also what's the weather like?

• travelnut71's Profile Photo

Parking in Valencia

by travelnut71 Online Now Aug 12, 2015 at 1:23 PM

I will be staying 3 km from the airport. Here are my options, we are two adults and 2 children, 6 and 5 years old.

1- take the car in Valencia directly, where to park? I will be there friday, Saturday.

2- take the car to a subway station or train? If so what time is the last one back? And cost.

I am planning to reserve in Aldaia.

Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 2:07 AM
    • Kristina1701's Profile Photo

SUP in Valencia

by Kristina1701 Online Now Jul 12, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Can anyone recommend a surf school or similar which offers something like introductory SUP classes; not in the harbour though.
      Muchas gracias! :-)

1 Answer Jul 13, 2015 at 10:57 AM
    • theenglishway's Profile Photo

Winter temperatures

by theenglishway Online Now Apr 24, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Can someone who lives in Valencia please tell me how warm it is in October/November/December/January/February? I know I can find the averages online but the don't always give a clear picture of how it really is. Thanks!

8 Answers May 18, 2015 at 4:25 AM
    • sindar225's Profile Photo

Overnight parking

by sindar225 Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 2:05 AM

Hi there!

I'm going to spend 4 days in Valencia this june and now I'm looking for a parking place as my hostel doesn't provide it. I found lots of places, but almost all of them require to pay the whole day which is as bit expensive and useless. Are there any places to park the car overnight?

5 Answers May 26, 2015 at 10:17 AM
    • Where to enjoy paella?

by AlyceM Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Our family (six adults) will be in Valencia in June. We'd love to find a spot for the real paella. We aren't interested in flashy tourist spots, but where the locals go. We can get along in Spanish, so that's not an issue.

6 Answers May 17, 2015 at 11:57 PM
    • How many days?

by Golpe Online Now Nov 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM

We will be stopping for a few days in Valencia in May on our way between Barcelona and Madrid. How many days are recommended for Valencia including any day trips.
      Thank you

7 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    • ranjankar1's Profile Photo

by ranjankar1 Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM

With so many tourist cards available , what will be the best option to buy travel plus few museums discount card ? We will have two full days. We will be six adults . Do not want to rush and see museums. Science and Arts museum with Aquarium yes for sure. What else should we try to see ?

5 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 2:09 AM
    • tesoro77's Profile Photo

Getting to Valencia from Madrid

by tesoro77 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I will need to go from Madrid to Valencia around July 20, 2014. I am staying in Valencia for 8 nights. I do not drive and I will take public transportation - either a train or a bus. I would want to hear from Valencia locals - what's the best and fastest transportation available? Is there a BULLET train or a regular train? How long is the ride and how much is fare? Where do I board the train from Madrid (Atocha or ANOTHER train station?) If a bus is better, where do I take the bus in Madrid, how long and how much? Thank you for your help.

8 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 2:21 AM
    • valancia to sanantonio

by FrankQuigley Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 6:03 AM

would like to know if i can get a pay & go cheap boat ride to san antonio in september

1 Answer Jun 14, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • From Barcelona El Prat Airport to Valencia

by Ednosc Online Now May 12, 2014 at 5:18 PM

does somebody know what's the cheapest way to get from
      Barcelona El Prat Airport to Valencia?
      Only one-round trip.
      The scheduled arrival time to the airport is a Friday, at about 9 am.

2 Answers May 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    • tesoro77's Profile Photo

Corrida in Valencia, July 2014

by tesoro77 Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Greetinigs: I MEAN the large city of Valencia, not a small town with the name Valencia in Galicia. There was a mix-up here with the two locations. Does anybody know what USUALLY are the dates for corrida in the city of Valencia in month of July?? How could I buy a ticket in advance?

Hope to hear from locals or frequent visitors. Thank you guys!

2 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM
    • Karctic's Profile Photo

Seeking a relaxed coastal village within 100km of Valencia

by Karctic Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I'm heading to Valencia in a couple of days. Plan to spend a night or two there but then make my way to a lovely beach or beaches where it is relaxed, quiet and beautiful...and hopefully who clean ocean?

I like to run very long distances on trails and beaches so this would be a bonus.

If anyone has some suggestions I would much appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!

11 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • Couple of qüestions about valencià nightlife

by harry1977 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

What is the mix of People roughly in the bars in valencia? All spanish or quite a lot of british? Also is there plenty of birthday/hen/stag partys out to have a bit of banyera with? I'm going this friday. 20 of us on stag party. Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 24, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Ethnic Food...

by Vindalooperson Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Are there any good Indian/Pakistani restaurants in or around Valencia? I have a sensitive stomach, food must be super fresh, and my other half is vegetarian. Despite my dietary issues, our cuisine of choice tends to be spicy: Indian, Pakistani, Thai, Korean, Asian...

4 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 2:25 AM
    • Current Valencia

by Vindalooperson Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Would you say Valencia has a high crime rate - and if so, what type - petty or more serious?
      What is it like outside of the city - is it safe? Good infrastructure? Any nearby small towns that are really nice - character architecture, scenically beautiful, mountains, inland?

4 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 2:27 AM
    • Best place to rent a house, outside Valencia city

by Stemvork Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 5:25 AM

We are searching for a long term rental in the province of Valencia.
      At the moment we live in Almeria but do not like the nature over there, and Valencia is more green.

Who knows a nice place to live, near a river maybe, with lots of nature outside any urbanización because we love it peacefull. Maybe even self sustaining with solar panels etc.
      Or maybe do you know any real estate agents or other people who might rent out their lovely home.

(-: Thank you for answering :-)

3 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 2:27 AM
    • celebrate birthday with family in a different manner

by pankajkanpur Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 4:51 AM

i want to celebrate my birthday in valencia with my family , and look forward for suggestions . Can i hire a catamaram on which a dinner can be arranged

2 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    • Rent-a-car

by tangerinesupernova Online Now May 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I am landing after midnight. At around 00.30 o'clock. Where from can I rent a car? They all seem to be out of order after midnight?

2 Answers May 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM
    • djordjeto's Profile Photo

Train from Barcelona to Valencia

by djordjeto Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Hi all!
      My wife and I are traveling to Spain in June, and we would like to visit Barcelona and Valencia. I need help about reserving tickets for Barcelona - Valencia rout, round trip. I can find nothing on the internet that I understand. Please help? Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    • Parking for one week City Centre

by GeoffS11 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Hi there,
      I'm driving to Valencia next week, and will be staying with a family member who lives in the city centre - Barrio del Carmen - and I need to park my car for a week nearby. Unfortunately he doesn't have any parking and has no clue as to where I could leave my car safely for the week.
      I've looked at airport parking and, whilst cheap, it is too far away.
      Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

7 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 3:34 AM
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Cycle to Albufera national park

by chrisdScotland Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM

We like taking leisurely cycling day trips on holiday. Albufera national park looks like a reasonable distance from Valencia although, after the initial cycle track and small road along side the rice fields, there doesn't appear to be a dedicated 'cycle friendly' route from Valencia to Albufera. Is it worth us making the trip on bikes or should we just take the bus. Is there a walk all the way round the national park?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Number of trains Alicante - Valencia

by chrisdScotland Online Now Jan 15, 2013 at 2:54 AM

All my books on the area say there are 10 trains per day, each way, between Alicante and Valencia. When I looked times up online it only gave 3 options each way. Is this really the case?

11 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    • Private Car use in Valencia

by luqa17 Online Now May 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I will be travelling to Valencia towards the end of June and am wondering whether to pay for a car rental or else visit Valencia without the use of a rented car. My main concern in the city is parking, since we have booked a hotel in central Valencia.

We will be interested in visiting nearby attractions/villages/beaches during our stay; is a car absolutely necessary or would you recommend against that?

Is free parking possible in Valencia city?

12 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 5:04 AM
    • Blue83's Profile Photo

Traveling to Valencia 22-25 June

by Blue83 Online Now May 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I will be traveling to Valencia on the 22nd of June for the grand prix but during the evening I would like to meet up with someone who knows their way around city and can show me the cool places to visit. And of course I will have all of Monday free as well. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer May 21, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    • bus or train conection from Valencia to Santa Susanna

by vesela.curilova Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM

hi, does somebody know the train or bus conections to Santa Susanna and the prices. Also if you can recomend the most popular things that must be visited in Valencia as i will be there only three days. Thanks in advance

4 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    • onembh's Profile Photo

Valencia - tomato festival 2012

by onembh Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hi I am celebrating my birthday this August (2012) with a few mates and we are going to attend the tomato festival at Bunyol which is on Wednesday 29th August. We have sorted the flights and have booked a hotel for 4 nights in Valencia.
      I know its not far by train to Bunyol but what we would like is some advice on what to do about taking items such as mobile phones and cameras etc. ie. do we just wrap them up in clingfilm and hope for the best when things get messy ?? What about change of clothes ? where are they stored while the tomatoes are been chucked about ? Is there a place for safe storage ? Any other tips would be most welcome.

• Aloe9678's Profile Photo

Valencia in March

by Aloe9678 Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Hello! I'm pondering returning to Valencia for my the first part of my spring break (March 8 or 9 to 14 or 15). The About Valencia website says the average temperature for March is 14C, which is about 58F. Does this sound about right? It also said spring is drier than fall - basically, would I have many sunny days? Valencia has so many great places to see by walking... A shower or so a day wouldn't bother me, but I'd rather not have to carry around a rain jacket, umbrella.

5 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

A couple of questions.

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 2:03 PM

What to do in Valencia if it rains.

What's open on november 1st. Museums? Is it a dead city?

10 Answers Oct 25, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Valencia to Alicante by bus or by train.

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Is this thing doable as a daytrip? How long would it take the journey (more or less)?

4 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 5:54 AM

Daytrips from Valencia.

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Could you suggest some nice places (villages or small towns) not far from Valencia? These have to be reachable by public transportation as I don't rent a car or a bike.

Maybe Denia, Altea...?

9 Answers Oct 24, 2011 at 1:39 AM