Valencia Travel Answers

change location
Marejka's Profile Photo

Busses to Maracay

by Marejka Online Now Jan 6, 2008 at 9:47 AM

How many busses are there a day leaving from Valencia to Maracay? I could only find one very early morning and 3 around 8-9 pm but can someone please give me some information if there are any more busses throughout the day? If not, are there other ways to go to Maracay from Valencia?

Thanks a lot

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Polskigirl's Profile Photo

Re: Busses to Maracay

by Polskigirl Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Hi,
    Aeroexpresos Ejecutivos must be the one you got the 3 you mention: 5:45 am, then 8:00 pm and then 9:00 pm.

In Valencia there is a big Buses terminal called Big Low Center, you will find lot of ways to go from there to Maracay, many buses and small pulmans,

Valencia are near Maracay i guess around 0ne hour. So , you will find too "Por Puestos", Like taxis that transfer people 4-6 in each trip to same city.
    So dont worry about it, will be easy for you go From Valencia to Maracay.

Best Luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Marejka's Profile Photo

by Marejka Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Thanks a lot for your help, that's what I thought too, but I couldn't find that in any guidebook.
    Chevere :-)

• Polskigirl's Profile Photo

by Polskigirl Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Glad to be helpfull to you!!
    Any question, it will be my pleasure try to help,
    Hugs and have a Chevere travel!!!!!

• luis.ydler's Profile Photo

by luis.ydler Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 5:07 PM

I live in Maracay and currently work in Valencia.
    There are a lot of options for you to get to Maracay, as the other poster wrote. Fares are around 3 Bs.F. (3000 Bs) and 3.50 Bs. F. (3500 Bs). Those in which you travel with four more people cost a little more, the advantage is that they're faster. It is relatively easy since Maracay is only 30 minutes away from Valencia, but at peak hour it takes almost one hour to arrive in the city.

By the way, what will you be doing herearound? Studying? Vacation?

• Marejka's Profile Photo

by Marejka Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 1:19 AM

Hi Luis,
    thanks a lot for your post. In the meantime, there has been changes to our plans, because I found out that we're best off to head directly for Maracay just a day later. So we'll go with the day bus from Ciudad Bolivar to Marracay (i found that tip in here). We'll sleep one night in Maracay then and go further to the beaches around Puerto Colombia the next day. We can then enjoy the spectacular ride through the park and mountains in daylight. So we're just ordinary turists (unfortunately - I'd wish to stay for a couple of months!!) on our way through the country.
    As far as I could read in the Lonely Planet it's as easy going to Puerto Colombia from Maracay as you describe going from Valencia to Maracay - but if you have some inside information, I'd appreciate. I actually was wondering if that journey would be possible to do by taxi in order to save time and efforts - what it would cost and where one could find a taxi like that in Maracay. So if you know anything, feel free to post again :-)
    Thanks under any circumstances!

• luis.ydler's Profile Photo

by luis.ydler Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Both Maracay and Valencia are in the central region of the country, the latter being an industrial city so roads are consequently jammed with heavy traffic. The "Big Low" is a mess, I can tell.

Maracay is relatively small but you can find almost everything a modern city can offer. If your plans are arriving inhere AT NIGHT, it isn't a good idea to start looking for a room at that moment of arrival since rooms at moderate-priced hotels are usually full by that time; this often happens on weekends but one must be prepared. There are good hotels downtown, and cheap: Hotel Aventino, Hotel Mar de Plata, Hotel Bermudez, for example.

In order to go to Puerto Colombia, you have to make it to Choroni first. It is a well-known coastal town in Aragua state. Your idea of taking a taxi is always good: you are traveling alone, you can stop and take photographs, breathe fresh air, etc... but it's at the same time expensive and I tell you why: the road is narrow, uphill and there are a lot of curves so taxi drivers consider going there a demanding task for their cars; plus they prefer to stay downtown and make the same amount of money in quick drives than making such a long trip. So, if you want to go there by taxi, find someone reliable and trustworthy and be prepared to pay your money (around 80.000 Bs. [80 Bs. F] or more).

Likewise, you have another option: get to the bus station and take a bus. It's cheaper (fares around 10.000 Bs. per person [10 Bs. F.]), drivers know the route as the palms of their hands and you can share the road with the locals and other tourists. Get up earlier in the morning, take a taxi to the bus station (Terminal Central de Maracay) and board a bus to ChoronĂ­.

Neither Aeroexpresos Ejecutivos nor any other chic transportation service company takes you to Choroni. You only have the options I've posted here.

Once you're in ChoronĂ­, either by taxi or by bus, it's easy: just ask where the beaches, the hotels, the restaurants and so on are.

Anyway, the landscape is fantastic, the animals, the plants, you can see Maracay from the mountain top: it's a relaxing experience.

If you have more questions, and I know you do, let me know.

Luis Fran Ydler

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines