Valdez

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ketchikan Rainforest Sanctuary with 13 month old

Ketchikan Jun 4, 2015 at 4:36 PM

We are interested in the Rainforest Sanctuary, but I have a 13 month old, can I or how easy is it to use a compact stroller in the Sanctuary? Thanks

more
    • Best place to stay without a car

Anchorage Jun 25, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Last day and night in Anchorage- We will be without a car for last day and want to stay in a hotel within walking distance of good shopping. What is the best area in Anchorage for this?

more
    • Ketchikan on a budget

Ketchikan Jun 6, 2015 at 6:43 PM

I am visiting Ketchikan for several days and don't have a large budget. Is there somewhere I can go fishing without it costing me $150+ to go? What else is there to do that doesn't cost a lot of money?

more
    • filipdebont's Profile Photo

Crossing the border wit a rental car

Alaska Yesterday

I have a reservation for a rental car (+ CDW + SLI insurance)

I want the cros the border to Yukon (Canada), do I need an extra Insurance?

Regards

Filip

more
    • Flightseeing from Fairbanks, AK

Fairbanks Jul 1, 2015 at 1:41 PM

what is the best flight service to experience the true far north - maybe a mail bush plane?

more
    • Transportation in Alaska

Alaska Jun 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Hey,
      I'm planning on going with a friend from late July- early August, til early September, and am wondering about transportation. We plan a relative low budget trip.
      We thought about buying a car (Not an RV) in Seattle, and then get to (and within) Alaska by car.
      Is it recommended? Are there any type of cars that are better than other for that (Special requirements)? Any tips on preparing your car/insurance/whatever?
      Is getting by in Alaska with a car cheaper or more expensive than with public transportation/taxis/ferries?
      Is it easier, or more complicated than relying on other means of transportation?

more
    • Planning a late October Trip

Alaska Jun 17, 2015 at 8:31 AM

Me and my girlfriend are planning a late October Trip, we'll be there for a week, our idea is to rent a vehicle at Anchorage's Airport and head to Denali National Park, North Pole, Fairbanks(Hoping to see the Northern Lights) and Chena Hot Springs. Are the roads ok at time of the year to make such a trip? Are there many options on vehicles rental? Tips / Recommendatios are highly appreciated, thanks

more
    • Store Luggage In Seward

Seward Jun 12, 2015 at 7:30 AM

In August we will get off our ship in the morning and have a couple of hours until our bus for Anchorage arrives. Where can we store our luggage for a couple of hours while we look around the city?

more
    • Transportation to Valdez

by slsbrown Online Now Jul 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM

What is the best way to get to Valdez from Anchorage? I'm staying for 2 weeks, so a rental car is very expensive. Is there a bus or a shuttle? Is there a bus or train to Whittier where I can take the ferry?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    • Kayaking to Columbia Glacier

by travel10000 Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 7:40 AM

We will be in Valdez in August and would like to do a 1 day kayaking trip in calm water between icebergs. Is Columbia Glacier trip the best one that fits this description? Is it ok for someone with no ocean kayaking experience (but some lakes experience)? I found two companies that do it. Do any of you know how they compare?

10 Answers Jul 14, 2006 at 3:59 AM
    • Ferry question

by fishlady2 Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 6:46 AM

We are taking the ferry from Whittier to Valdez and am wondering how much wildlife or glaciers you actually see while going from port to port? Thought I would see what past expierence some of you have had?

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 22, 2007 at 5:41 PM
    • Columbia Glacier tour operator

by nettebini Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 8:59 PM

I'm looking for feedback -- either good or bad -- on Columbia Glacier tour operators. It looks like there are two main operators out of Valdez: Stan Stephens and the Lulu Belle. Does anyone have experience with either of these proprietors or any others?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 3:59 AM
    • Glacier Sound Inn

by LaurenBloo Online Now May 15, 2006 at 8:53 PM

Hi, the Glacier Sound Inn seems to be the cheapest lodging option in Valdez. Since it's just me traveling alone, I want to make sure it is in a decent area, not sketchy or anything. Anyone know of it and if it is okay?!?! Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 1:12 AM