change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kazzav's Profile Photo

Chamonix drive holiday early October ? Napoleon route RN 85

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc 16 hours ago

Group of 4 adults who are planning a driving holiday in France early Oct. Would love to see the mountains & are thinking of driving to Chamonix after some time in Cannes. I am wondering if the Napoleon route via Grasse is more scenic. I understand it takes longer than the autoroutes. Is it worth travelling to Chamonix or can we get good views of Mont Blanc along the way & stay elsewhere. We are not planning to hike just sight-see.

more
    • Road conditions in Chamoni in April

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Jan 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Hello ,our groups of 7 will visit Chamonix in mid April. We plan to drive to some villages near by like Courmayeur or Les Houches and somewhere else to have a scenic view along the way.
      Will it have a lot of fogs or snow? What the road conditions will be?
      Thanks.

more
    • May Day Holiday

Lyon Jan 14, 2015 at 2:35 AM

Hi
      My very first question! We will be in Lyon on 1st May this year which is an official public holiday. What is likely to be closed and will public transport be operating? Thanks.

more
    • gilescorey's Profile Photo

Grenoble to Val-d'Isere?

by gilescorey Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Hi everyone,

Looking at skiing Tignes/Val d'Isere for the first time Easter week.

I was wondering how the drive is from Grenoble? I'm trying to save some cash, and being a holiday week it's a bit pricey.

Or any other ideas or satellite areas I should consider staying?

Thanks,

GC

4 Answers Feb 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    • General information

by yorkiesue Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 11:51 AM

I am going to be working in Val d'isere for 5 months and any information on the resort would be helpful like how cold does it get? I`m there from Dec-May. What is there apart from the skiing to do in the resort? Does anyone know if there is a good hairdressers? Is it expensive to shop there? Any advice at all would be helpful, thank you

2 Answers Jan 12, 2008 at 1:09 PM
    • mongerdn's Profile Photo

Anyone intending to do a ski season in Val want to share accomodation?

by mongerdn Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 4:02 AM

My best mate and me are going out mid November to do a ski season and would like to hear from anyone else doing similar who might wanna flat share to bring down the costs of living in the resort.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2004 at 5:38 PM
    • Genoa to Val D'Isere or Tignes

by Spanna29 Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 1:10 PM

I am travelling from Italy (Genoa) to Val D'Isere and can't seem to find any way of getting there (except for driving). Does anyone know of a train or coach or bus or anything that I could get? Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 11, 2004 at 7:23 AM