change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• susanne1's Profile Photo

What is the best way to get to Antibes from Dresden

Antibes Apr 19, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Can you help by telling me the best way to get to Antibes and if flying to Nice is better than getting to Cannes first?

more
    • How far is it from the Joliette district to the old town when walking?

Marseille Apr 19, 2015 at 6:25 AM

We are due to stay at the Suite novotel in Joliette area. Is it far to walk to the old port and what is the public transport like?

more
    • silvia1700's Profile Photo

Le Petit Train d'Avignon

Avignon Apr 3, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Hello there!
      I was wondering about it. Where can I buy the tickets(I'll be there in July)? Do I have to make reservations? Thank you so much : )

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Diet food restaurant – any chance?

Nice Apr 21, 2015 at 5:29 AM

Don’t laugh, I surely realize that Provence is not the right place for pale rice, boiled chicken / beef or potatoes without any sauce or spices )))
      But if this is what one’s pancreas is confined to, doing the cooking oneself in one’s own holiday time is adding insult to injury quite literally.
      The question is: if I step into a not-so-posh family restaurant, will they be willing to disregard their menu and just make the above-mentioned prescribed meal?
      And: can anyone recommend any such friendly family restaurant / café on the stretch between Notre-Dame and the beach?
      I may try to drop at La Maison de Marie: "A VT member asked for advice on food" - Nice Restaurant Tip by Muscovite - I used to rent a flat from the owner, but I can imagine how much they would charge for those potatoes…
      Takeaway would solve the budget problem, but I rather doubt all those Asian places would make food to order, I have a feeling sauces are the core of their cuisine (I am no connoisseur, though).
      Thanks for advice!

more
    • Marseilles vs Arles

Arles Apr 18, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Hi
      My sister and I will be in the area the end of August. We haven't been to Europe before so it will all be new. I've read some reviews on both - the high crime rate seems to be a concern with Marseilles. Which would be better to stay at do you think?
      Thank you very much in advance :)

more
    • Nice in August

Nice Mar 31, 2015 at 5:38 AM

My wife and I are planning a 3 day stop over in Nice during Mid August. We plan to base ourselves in Nice and visit places like St tropez, Cannes, Vence and Eze. Our original plan was to hire a car and drive to these areas but a little concerned with the areas being busy during the peak periods.

Can anyone give some tips on travelling around?

more
    • Distance to Creset?

by linfenno Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 7:47 AM

How far is the hike from Vaison-la-Romaine to the tiny village of Crestet? Does it depart from the upper village?
      Merci, this site is awesome.

1 Answer Jun 4, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    • e-mail of the "poterie de crestet"

by haaike Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 6:52 AM

Hi!!

I know the "poterie de crestet" pretty well since I've past my last 5 holidays in Saint-Romain-en-Viennois (little village by Vaison) and I like it very much!
      My question: I wonder if you know the e-mailadress of the poterie (if they have one...)??

Thanks a lot!
      Haaike

• Lucky-Luke's Profile Photo

Canoeing the Ardeche & Sightseeing around

by Lucky-Luke Online Now Jul 12, 2004 at 1:07 PM

Hi folks, I'm gonna spend my summer vacations in St. MArtin d'Ardeche. I prtobably will canoe down the Ardeche with my two teenage daughters. (Thats what I already had a lot of fun with some years ago.) But, what else is good for sightseeing over there along the Ardeche? I hope to find some Ardechois' people by placing this request.

1 Answer Jul 13, 2004 at 1:34 AM