Vail

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety and a Good Start

Denver Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

more
    • StacyO's Profile Photo

where is the best place to find pretty rocks at

Estes Park Apr 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where is the best place to find pretty rocks

more
    • Shipping Facility

Florida 13 hours ago

List the companies who provide Best Shipping facility in florida?

more
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

Rocky Mountain National Park Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

Denver Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

more
    • Available hostels?

by Bianca_charles Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Are there any cheap hostels that staff can stay in? (in Vail, Colorado?)

3 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    • Bus services from Denver International Airport

by bradyme Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Amtrak bus services from Denver to Vail do not run directly from the International airport. Does anyone have any suggestions as to bus services similar that are not chartered bus services like CME?

4 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • Denver International Airport to Vail, CO

by bradyme Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Amtrak bus services from Denver to Vail do not run directly from the International airport. Does anyone have any suggestions as to bus services similar that are not chartered bus services like CME?

• utahskiman's Profile Photo

Is Beaver Creek close enough to Vail?

by utahskiman Online Now Mar 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I'm looking forward to doing some spring skiing next week and I'm going to be staying in Beaver Creek. I'm just staying there because I got a good deal at a hotel there. I definitely want to go skiing in Vail, but I'm not sure how convenient it is to stay in Beaver Creek and go skiing in Vail. I'm staying at The Charter (http://www.thecharter.com), because of the deal and I'm sure I'll have some fun there in Beaver Creek too.

Has anyone out there stayed in Beaver Creek and skiied in Vail? Please let me know and give me some tips! Thanks a ton!

2 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Best bar/brew pub in Vail?

by swdke Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM

A couple of buddies and I will be in Vail for one evening. We are looking to sample a variety of best beers. What are the recommendations for the best brew pubs/bars with the best beer, or greatest variety or number of tap beers? Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    • Sushi - Vail Village

by Andersonx4 Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Where can I go for sushi in Vail Village?

3 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 3:24 AM
    • Vail area 4th of July and Rafting

by Nisa004 Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Hi All. Couple of questions. We are staying in Vail around the 4th of July. I'm trying to decide which 4th festival to go to. I see that Avon has their's on the 3rd, which is really nice. But on the 4th, there's festivals Aspen, Breckinridge and Frisco. Does anyone know from past experience which of these will likely be the best? We're looking for more than just a fireworks display. Something more like a street fair.

Also, we want to get in some rafting. Can anyone recommend an outfitter that operates close to Vail? We're not looking for Cat 5's though; 2s and 3s are probably the best for us. Which area should we be looking at?

Thanks for any help in advance.
      Sincerely,
      Nisa

1 Answer Apr 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    • Ground transportation to Denver Int'l airport from Vail

by yida1976 Online Now Dec 1, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Hello all,

I am visiting Vail during holiday week (Christmas to NY) with my wife. Our friend will pick us up from Denver and go to Vail together. But we will need to find our own way back to Denver International airport either Jan. 1st or Jan. 2nd early in the morning. Our flight departs Denver 8;30am.

I would like to ask if anyone knows a reasonable bus service early in the morning to Denver airport. We don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for fancy private charters. Public bus would be ideal.

My email is yida76 "at" hotmail. We will appreciate any suggestion. Thanks,

Stanley

2 Answers Dec 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    • hotel/motel in or around vail

by philon Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 12:10 AM

hello there

we are looking for an affordable accomodation in or around vail for 8 days for 3 people, preferably 2 seperate bedrooms. the reason why i post it here is since on the vail page it always starts at 250+ bucks per night, which is too much for us...
      so if anyone has some ideas, even if its some miles away (we got a car, up tp 20 mi no problem:) that would be great

thanks

Philipp

7 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    • AuTourDuMonde32's Profile Photo

Mountain Biking/ Off Road Bike Trails

by AuTourDuMonde32 Online Now Sep 15, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Hey all~
      I'm going to vail in peak Ski season,
      but I'm a mtb fanatic~
      I will of couse be skiing,
      but I was wondering if I can get my mtb fix while there too~
      I would love to do both, but am a bit concerned that all trails will be covered.
      If anyone has any info, it would be GREATLY appreciated~
      Many thanks in advance!
      -Andrew

3 Answers Oct 24, 2007 at 1:15 AM
    • unique eating experiences

by Sandywojo Online Now Apr 27, 2007 at 7:51 PM

When I visited Vail last, I ate at Dish Restaurant and loved it. Are there other Vail area restaurants with unique serving experiences like that one?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2007 at 5:27 PM
    • calvin3's Profile Photo

vail/beaver creek ski lift discount

by calvin3 Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 1:06 PM

does anyone know where i can get some good discounts on the vail/beaver creek ski lift tickets? i've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

2 Answers Oct 18, 2007 at 7:38 PM
    • calvin3's Profile Photo

vail/beaver creek ski lift discount

by calvin3 Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 12:33 PM

does anyone know where i can get some good discounts on the vail/beaver creek ski lift tickets? i've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

1 Answer Feb 7, 2006 at 5:20 PM
    • First time visiting Vail

by MissMolly57 Online Now Feb 12, 2005 at 10:54 AM

My husband and I are planning a trip to Vail in late September of 2005 and it will be our first time in that area of Colorado. I am a Colorado fan and have been to the Durango and Denver areas but this will be my first time in Vail. I want to explore the area while relishing the golden aspens and the cool air. I am also interested in some horsebackriding trips so if anyone knows of any good trips in the area, I would appreciate the advice. Approximately how far a drive would it be from Denver? About two hours? Thanks, I really appreciate the tips and information.

• Vail Restaurants

by ccr46 Online Now Jun 12, 2004 at 2:21 PM

Where do you recommend a rehearsal dinner, in September, for about 25-30 people?

1 Answer Sep 10, 2004 at 3:24 PM
    • Priceline in Vail

by Carrot_Top Online Now Feb 6, 2004 at 10:26 AM

Has anyone used priceline.com to book a hotel in Vail? We want to stay somplace with a pool. Do I pick a 4 star or resort? Do you know which resorts have used priceline? Thanks so much!!

2 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM