Vail Travel Answers

change location
utahskiman's Profile Photo

Is Beaver Creek close enough to Vail?

by utahskiman Online Now Mar 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I'm looking forward to doing some spring skiing next week and I'm going to be staying in Beaver Creek. I'm just staying there because I got a good deal at a hotel there. I definitely want to go skiing in Vail, but I'm not sure how convenient it is to stay in Beaver Creek and go skiing in Vail. I'm staying at The Charter (http://www.thecharter.com), because of the deal and I'm sure I'll have some fun there in Beaver Creek too.

Has anyone out there stayed in Beaver Creek and skiied in Vail? Please let me know and give me some tips! Thanks a ton!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • kimod74's Profile Photo

Re: Is Beaver Creek close enough to Vail?

by kimod74 Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Very. I think it's about 15 miles down the road.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • John195123's Profile Photo

Re: Is Beaver Creek close enough to Vail?

by John195123 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM

It really isn't that far from Vail to Beaver Creek. I believe there are shuttle buses that run between the resorts. I'd say it's about a 20 minute drive or so, from town to town by car. If you're going to be in BC, then depending on your level of ability, Vail will be great for backcountry bowls that BC doesn't have. Your ski pass should work in both places.

Make sure, if you drive to Vail from BC and you're there in the peak season, that you get to Vail early before the garages fill up. There are two garages, one in Lionshead and one in Vail Village, but they do fill quickly, especially on weekends.

Eventually, they may attempt to link the resorts by ski trail, but for now it's by car/bus only. Hope this helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines