Vail Travel Answers

change location
swdke's Profile Photo

Best bar/brew pub in Vail?

by swdke Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM

A couple of buddies and I will be in Vail for one evening. We are looking to sample a variety of best beers. What are the recommendations for the best brew pubs/bars with the best beer, or greatest variety or number of tap beers? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Best bar/brew pub in Vail?

by bocmaxima Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM

There are no brewpubs in Vail. Vail is very small and very pretentious. It's a tourist ski town and caters to that sect. You'd think they would put in a novelty brewpub. I don't know of any good beer bars there, but I could be missing something.

The closest brewpubs are Dillon Dam in Dillon (decent beers, very crowded) and Breckenridge in Breckenridge. For the latter, I believe their brewing operations are actually in Denver (they have a tasting room there) and I haven't heard good things about the Breckenridge location.

It may be helpful for you to look at Rate Beer's site. I use it whenever I travel in order to find the local beer places.
    ratebeer.com/places/states/6...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Best bar/brew pub in Vail?

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM

While not quite a brew pub, I would recommend the Tap Room on the top of Bridge Street. Nice place to kick back and socialize if you are in Vail. Here is the link;

http://taproomvail.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines