Vail Travel Answers

change location

Vail area 4th of July and Rafting

by Nisa004 Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Hi All. Couple of questions. We are staying in Vail around the 4th of July. I'm trying to decide which 4th festival to go to. I see that Avon has their's on the 3rd, which is really nice. But on the 4th, there's festivals Aspen, Breckinridge and Frisco. Does anyone know from past experience which of these will likely be the best? We're looking for more than just a fireworks display. Something more like a street fair.

Also, we want to get in some rafting. Can anyone recommend an outfitter that operates close to Vail? We're not looking for Cat 5's though; 2s and 3s are probably the best for us. Which area should we be looking at?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Sincerely,
Nisa

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • bonnechic's Profile Photo

Re: Vail area 4th of July and Rafting

by bonnechic Online Now Apr 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I haven't been there in a couple of years because it's always the same and the traffic getting out of Avon is so horribly bad, but the fireworks in Avon are dazzling. Breckinridge has an old fashioned Main St. parade, which is probably the closest to a street fair you will get. There are better festivals during the summer in the mountain areas, but none on 4th of July that I know of.
    As for rafting the Colorado, there are a lot of companies. The same ones that have brochures at the hotels, have info on the internet - lookup 'colorado rafting'. It should be good this year with all the spring snow we've had.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines