Vail Travel Answers

change location

hotel/motel in or around vail

by philon Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 12:10 AM

hello there

we are looking for an affordable accomodation in or around vail for 8 days for 3 people, preferably 2 seperate bedrooms. the reason why i post it here is since on the vail page it always starts at 250+ bucks per night, which is too much for us...
so if anyone has some ideas, even if its some miles away (we got a car, up tp 20 mi no problem:) that would be great

thanks

Philipp

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: hotel/motel in or around vail

by anabarovic Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 3:44 AM

Hi there,
    I believe 250 bucks is too expensive as well. I can only recommend hotel that my friend visited in Vail, and they were quite satisfied. If you interested you can write me on anabarovic@hotmail.com. You’re welcome:)
    Ana

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Iowa2's Profile Photo

Re: hotel/motel in or around vail

by Iowa2 Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 5:10 AM

I can relate, money is always an issue.

You might want to consider what we do. Powderhorn is a wonderful small area that is great for families, because it's not crowded. You run into each other from time to time and can even have parts to yourself if you want to.

http://www.powderhorn.com/

Grand Junction is a real city and you can buy provisions at a reasonable price.

We day trip to Vail and even Aspen just to say we have skied them. Family breakfast at the lodge at Glenwood Springs is memorable too.

Vail is like Vegas. It's big and it's glitzy, but it's not real. We subletted a condo there, on the other side of the highway away from the action (not all bad). It was basically a motel room and we felt like prisoners.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• worldtrekker's Profile Photo

by worldtrekker Online Now Feb 7, 2008 at 12:57 AM

You might find something less expensive in Avon, which is 8 miles west of Vail and a mile from Beaver Creek. There is a Comfort Inn there... possibly they will have more reasonable rates.

• John195123's Profile Photo

by John195123 Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 6:50 AM

There's a place called The Roost Lodge, which may be able to accomodate your group... it's on Frontage Road (other side of I-70 from Vail) and it is pretty close to everything.

I believe this is their information:
    1783 N Frontage Rd W
    Vail, CO 81657
    (970) 476-5451

John

• Re: hotel/motel in or around vail

by enjoytraveling Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 1:51 PM

If your family is interested in skiing in Vail or Beaver Creek, I don't think it is a good idea to stay 20 miles away. If there is a snowstorm, you may not be able to get into Vail/B.C. and miss your day of skiing.
    Roost Lodge may be a good option...
    Other Hotels/condos that may have a more economical rate are:
    Park Meadows Lodge (Cascade Village) (970) 476-3542
    Holiday Inn (West Vail) (970) 476-5631
    Evergreen Lodge (Lionshead) (970)476-7810
    Christy Lodge (Avon) (970) 949-7700
    I haven't stayed in any myself, but they are known for being better priced. Good Luck!

• John195123's Profile Photo

by John195123 Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Those are good options... I've stayed in Evergreen and possibly Christy's... you can also rent houses and condos...

• kzapanta's Profile Photo

by kzapanta Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Frontage road is on the other side of the freeway from the resort. They have the lowest rates in the area.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines