Växjö Travel Answers

change location

how can i get?!?!

by franz87 Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM

hi, i ma an italian student and i'd like to spend some month in Vaxjo, i am looking for the best way to get there from Rome.
if someone knows, which way is cheapest??
flight to copenaghen and.... train? boat?
please help me get some information..!! thank you

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: how can i get?!?!

by nhoolb Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Interesting! I have looked into that also, last year, as I had also plans to go to Váxjö-in the end I didn't go (yet) though.....

I remember I looked into:

-1- flying to Copenhagen and then the train (approx. 2 hours)
    or
    -2- flying to Stockholm and then the train.

If I remember correctly # 1 came out as the best and/or most convenient.

The swedish railways:

sj.se/purchase/booksearchloc...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

by Gili_S Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I only know people who will go to Växjö for business ;-) But if you want to visit there anyway, maybe an easy and cheap way is to fly Ryanair, for example Ciampino - Weeze - Växjö.

• veliaze's Profile Photo

by veliaze Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I agree to post above.

It would be most efficent to fly to copenhagen and take the train from there to Växjö. It´s about a 2 hour train ride and about 200-400 SEK

If you would be flying to Stockholm you would loose so much in time.
    Think of it like this; It takes about an hour to fly from copenhagen to Stockholm, and then the train to Stockholm takes about 3-4hrs.
    Now, compare that with flying to sopenhagen and a 2hr trip. so u save not just money but also 2-3 hrs...

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 5:39 AM

Moreover, there are direct trains from Copenhagen airport to Växjö several times a day, whereas if you go from Stockholm you have to change at Alvesta (ten minutes west of Växjö).

Växjö is served by the Swedish railways SJ indeed. However, you can sometimes get cheaper through tickets by Öresundståg instead since they are the ones running the trains Malmö to Alvesta (you just stay on the train and they change from to SJ staff). Öresundståg is a conglomerate of the regional transport companies in the south of Sweden and currently use Danish/Scottish DSB First to run their trains between Denmark and places in the south of Sweden (I write currently, since they are in financial trouble):

http://www.oresundstag.se/en/Start/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines