Västerås Travel Answers

change location

Commuting between Vesteras and Stockholm suburbs

by eswar_bujji Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Hi guys,
I will most probably be moving to Vesteras in the near future. Like a lot of people, I love to live in Stockholm suburbs. In my few google searches, it came out that apparently a lot of people commute between Vesteras and Stockholm but I couldn't find any concrete information on different possibilities. I can drive but will prefer to use public transport. Any tips will be most appreciated.
Thanks
Eswar

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Crazywoman's Profile Photo

Re: Commuting between Vesteras and Stockholm suburbs

by Crazywoman Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Check out train connections on www.sj.se.

The last two winters, when we have had a lot of snow, SJ have had a lot of problems with cancelled and late trains though.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Joacim's Profile Photo

by Joacim Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 4:33 AM

you also have the site http://www.lanstrafiken.se/ (unfortunately in swedish only) which is a joint venture between SJ (trains) and the public transport in Stockholm, Västerås area and all around the lake Malaren. There you can find a lot of useful information about commuting between Vesteras and Stockholm

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Indeed there are often delays on the Stockholm-Västerås line. My mum commuted there for a while with some problems, and that was before the snowy winters we've had since so now it's worse.

Is there a reason for you wanting to live in Stockholm? Most people I know would NOT want to live in Stockholm suburbs but rather in a city centre but cannot afford the one in Stockholm.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines