Vaduz Travel Answers

change location

Travel Time from Zurich to Vaduz-Feldkirch and return to Zurich

by MaricorMalitao Online Now Oct 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM

is it possible from Zurich to go to Vaduz and from Vaduz to Feldkirch and spend 6 hours in travel alone return to Zurich? If I leave at 2pm from Zurich to Vaduz and Feldkirch can I go back to Zurich at 8 in the evening? Thanks for your help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Travel Time from Zurich to Vaduz-Feldkirch and return to Zurich

by leics Online Now Oct 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM

You could certainly manage it by car...total journey time (assuming no traffic hold-ups) would be around 4 hours. www.viamichelin.com will give you route, route information and estimated driving times.

If you're not going to drive, look at

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

will give you times and details in English for all those journeys.

Use 'Zuerich' when you search, to take account of the umlaut.

Zurich>Vaduz takes around 1.5 hours, but the railway station is not in Vaduz itself. It is in Schaan, about 3.5 km away.

If you cannot leave Zurich until 1400, the earliest you can be in Schaan is 1628.

Schaan>Feldkirch takes around 34 minutes (some departures are buses). There are trains/buses roughly every 30 minutes.

To get back to Zurich for 2000 you would have to catch the 1735 from Feldkirch (arriving 1953, involving bus + train).

From that information it seems you could only do it if you did not actually spend any time at the places you have mentioned but simply changed trains.

However, I have not done this journey myself, so I will leave it to others to advise in more detail...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travel Time from Zurich to Vaduz-Feldkirch and return to Zurich

by K_V_B Online Now Oct 20, 2012 at 3:41 AM

www.sbb.ch is a better option for planning this trip, as to get to Vaduz it is often better to take a train to Sargans, or Buchs, and a bus from there, rather then going to Schaan by train.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vaduz