Vaduz Travel Answers

change location

Vaduz to Munich

by Wodz Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Hi, can anyone help? I'm having a tough time figuring out how one takes a train from Vaduz to Munich.

So far we plan to take a train from Zurich to either Sargans or Buch in Switzerland, then take the bus to Vaduz.

How do we then LEAVE and take a train to Munich? Is there a train line at Buch that goes closer to Munich and perhaps we transfer? I cannot find any relevant information online.

We would rather not have to travel an additional 1.5hrs back to Zurich to take a train to Munich.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Mazely's Profile Photo

Re: Vaduz to Munich

by Mazely Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Well, it's not easy - it will take about 4~5 hours.
    You can go to from Vaduz to Buchs SG or Feldkirch (Austria) and then take a train to Innsbruck; from Innsbruck, there are direct trains to Munich (I did that, not from Vaduz but from Chur, and "divided" in 2 days - Chur/Innsbruck; Innsbruck/Garmisch, Garmisch/Munich).
    Another option is to go from Buchs or Feldkirch to Lindau (Germany), and then to Munich.
    The best way to find all the connections is Deutsche Bahn site:
    reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...?
    And have in mind that Vaduz itself doesn't have a train station. You take the yellow bus to Buchs SG or to Feldkirch

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Vaduz to Munich

by K_V_B Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Finding out how to get from Vaduz to München is easy. You can find this out at the same place where you probably found out how to get from Zürich to Vaduz.

Go to www.sbb.ch, choose englisch as language, and then just enter "Vaduz" and "München" in the trip planner.

It appears that the best route would be bus to Buchs (7:38 or 9:38), train to St. Margrethen, where you change for the train to München. Total time 3h50min.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vaduz