Vaduz Travel Answers

change location

Falkirk v Vaduz

by eckster Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 6:16 AM

Hi, Im planning on going to Vaduz on the 21st of July to watch Falkirk play in the Europa cup against Vaduz, returning on the 23rd of July. Looking for the cheapest possible way of getting from Zurich to Vaduz and also a cheap hotel, B&B for the night, any suggestions/info would be much appreciate.

Thanks,

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

Re: Falkirk v Vaduz

by SurfaceTravel Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Sorry, I have no idea of price, as this was a while ago, but I can give you the route. Direct train from Zürich airport to Sargans, Switzerland, and from there a direct bus to Vaduz. Unexpectedly, I happened to be there the national holiday of Liechtenstein, and I couldn't find a room in town to save my life. I ended up having to leave the country to find a place to sleep that night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Falkirk v Vaduz

by eckster Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

by yumyum Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM

The cost for the train/bus journey via Sargans costs one way from Zurich Airport CHF 40.00 and from Zurich main station CHF 36.00.

In Switzerland there is no price difference between Intercity and regional trains.

If you cannot find any cheap accomodation in Liechtenstein, then you may consider taking a bus to Feldkirch in Austria which is not very far and it may have more options as it's a bigger place and probably cheaper than Switzerland.

Camping would no doubt be cheapest, then youth hostels. What about trying to find some free place over hospitality.org or couchsurfing...

• loisl's Profile Photo

by loisl Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 2:37 AM

The Hostel in Schaan is probably the most inexpensive place to have a real bed:
    youthhostel.ch/hosteldetails...

Schaan is only a few km from Vaduz, you can walk from the stadium in approx. 30min to the hostel.
    It's also conveniently accessible by public bus.

have fun at the game

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Vaduz Travel Answer Locations