Uzhhorod

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Internet Service

Antratsit Apr 10, 2014 at 8:51 PM

How difficult is to get internet in Antratsit, There is internet service in cafes, public places or somewhere else?

more
    • Looking for local guide Zaporizhzhya

Zaporizhzhya Mar 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Looking for local guide in Zaporizhzhya . will greatly show my appreciation to the local guide. English Speaking please. Allan

more
    • An extended trip to Zaporozhye

Zaporizhzhya Mar 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I Wish to Travel to Zaporozhye,Ukraine this June or Possibly,July or August.I Plan on Staying for Several Weeks so Renting an Apartment would be a Wise Choice.Any Information concerning Air Travel,Bus and Rail Transportation,Lodging and Sight-seeing would be Greatly Appreciated.scottlaughlin58@yahoo.com

more
    • ssjd02's Profile Photo

9 hours in Kiev. Safe to travel?

Kiev Apr 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Me and my wife are traveling from London to Istanbul via Kiev with UIA on 18th April and returning on 21st April 2014. We booked the trip before any protests started in Kiev.
      Now, due to a change in flights by the airlines, we have a 9 hour stop over in Kiev on our way back. Is it now safe to spend a few hours sightseeing in Kiev? If yes, what can we do / see in few hours?

more
    • information

Sverdlovs'k Apr 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM

is there such an address as lenina street 56, biryukovo village, sverdlovsk

more
    • Finding flights to Luhansk from Kiev

Luhansk Mar 30, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I can't find a secure website which provides flight's to Luhansk from Kiev

more
    • Travel to rivne

Rivne Mar 21, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I am not sure itis same place i wish to go Rovno, and i am trying to find a flight from Kiev to there. And where can you rent a car there ?

more
    • masherp9's Profile Photo

IS it safe

Ukraine Apr 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I'm thinking of going out to Ukraine at the end of may . Does any one know which parts are safe ,as i know Crimea is not ..But other parts may be a bit unstable ,just not sure which parts .Any advise would be great ,thanks Glenn.

more
    • surferboy53's Profile Photo

travel to Kiev

Ukraine Mar 19, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Plan to travel to Kiev the middle of April to petition my fiancee and stay about 2 to 3 weeks any advise, do you think that I will be ok there.

more
    • Isw it safe to travel to KIev

Kiev Apr 10, 2014 at 1:26 PM

We are family of 3, traveling end of May to Moscow-St. Petwersburg-Tallinn - Riga - Vilnius - Kiev - Paris
      Can you pleae tell me if it is safe to visit Kiev for 3 days in town.

more
    • GeorgeTheGreek's Profile Photo

Travel conditions in Odessa, Ukraine?

Odessa Mar 24, 2014 at 6:56 AM

If any Odessa locals would be kind enough to inform what conditions are like for travel in Odessa at the moment? I have arranged a trip there from some time ago, & I am due to arrive there April 16th for one week stay.
      I have heard / read mixed reports elsewhere. I read about protests / demonstrations turning violent earlier this month and state offices / parliament being attacked. Some people say Russian military is spreading in southern Ukraine and nearing Odessa, and things getting close to war. Other people say that in Odessa life continues as normal and is ok to travel.
      I was considering whether to postpone my trip, so any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • travel to dnepropetrovsk

Dnipropetrovsk Mar 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM

with everything that is going on in ukraine is ok to travel to dnepropetrovsk

more
    • Safe travel?

Kiev Apr 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Given the current situation in Ukraine, is it safe to travel there? I know the situation in Ukraine has calmed down considerably, but there are still some levels of unrest, especially in Crimea and in the East. I will be coming from the US to visit my fiance in Kiev in June.

more
    • Need current advice on travelling to Crimea

Ukraine Mar 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Hello,

I am from the UK and I have a girlfriend in Simferopol. After waiting for many months, I finally have an opportunity to go and visit her but then there is the trouble there!

She assures me she sees Westerners in the street: cafes, restaurants, etc., that they are without fear and that there is no aggression towards them. She insists it is safe for me to go there but she could be optimitstic as she wants to see me.

I need advice from people from English speaking countries who have been there recently. Have they had any trouble? Do they agree it is safe? Will I have an advantage being 'protected' by a local?

I would go there in the middle of April '14. i would need to travel via Moscow. What would be the visa situation now? I do not need a visa for Ukraine.

more

Near Uzhhorod

• How to get to Uzhhorod

by outdoorjohn Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I'm renting a car in Budapest and I want to go to Uzhhorod at least for a day but my rental company will not allow me to cross the border in the rental car. Is it possible (and safe) to park at the border and walk across and if so, how far am I from the city or Uzhhorod? Any other suggestions of getting across the border?

1 Answer Aug 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    • Budapest and Uzhorod

by caseymcp Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM

We are trying to find out if it's safe to travel from Budpest to Uzhorod via private car hire. We are english speaking and are visiting relatives in Uzhorod who speak little English. Recommendations for traveling to there and hotel to stay in is what we are looking for. We are concerned about safety in not speaking the language so are looking for private tour company. thanks.

1 Answer May 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    • Telphon number of Eduard Hotel

by shmulikl2 Online Now Feb 20, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hi
      can somebody help me to find a phone number of Eduard Hotel in Uzghorod?
      Or to recommend for better choice of Hotel.

Thank you

5 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    • Visit in Uzhhorod

by shmulikl2 Online Now Dec 15, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Who can help me with some questions about the visit in Uzhhorod? Are the city streets safe for tourists in daytime and night? What recommended to do for a week in a city? What recommended a hotel to stay for a reasonable price. Transportation in a city and outside. Is the best way to reach Ushhorod it's coming from Hungary, Czech Republic or Kiev?

MANY THANKS FOR HELP!!

6 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    • Travel from Uzhgorod to Budapest

by cnoneill6 Online Now Dec 1, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Hello
      I need to travel from Uzhgorod-Budapest. Are there frequent trains and buses? What are the prices and departure times? Thank you so much for your help.

Nick O'Neill

1 Answer Dec 17, 2009 at 1:13 AM
    • Muchacevo Gypsy Camp

by Ishida Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Hello!
      I'm planning to visit Muchacevo Gypsy Camp.
      I want to know how to get there.
      Please give me any suggestion.
      Best Regards,

youtube.com/watch?v=yEx_ml5-...

Ishida

4 Answers Nov 16, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    • travel help

by phen0mena Online Now Jul 1, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Hello!

I need some halep with planning my trip! Please give me some advice on this...

Im coming from Blatnica and need to go to Uzhgorod and then from there to...(two options either I travel to: 1. Sibiu in Transylvania or 2. Budapest.

What is the easiest and cheapest options?

Thank you so much for helping me!

Karin

1 Answer Jul 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    • Internet Cafes

by pipermam Online Now Feb 3, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Can you help me please. Are there internet cafes in Uzhhorod and if so do they have Skype,or Windows Live Messenger with webcams for chatting to friends. Thank you

3 Answers Feb 4, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    • travel from budapest to mukachevo

by pilip Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM

hello I am planning to travel from budapest to mukachevo in april.

Planning to rent a car and drive to mukachevo. Does anyone know the number of
      miles/km between the two places.

Can anyone recommend a place/website where i can reserve a car.

Also would anyone know if it is realistic to rent an apartment in mukachevo for several days up to a week? Or is hotel the only option?

thank you
      albert

4 Answers Jan 30, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    • damborg's Profile Photo

Air travel to Uzhhorod

by damborg Online Now Jan 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I know there is an airport in Uzhhorod and that you can fly there from Kiev.
      Is it possible to fly to there from somewhere in the west, like Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna or Prague?

1 Answer Jan 20, 2009 at 2:16 AM
    • How to get from Budapest to Uzhhorod ?

by Ronenleb Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 1:57 AM

Hi,

5 People need to get from budapest to Uzhhorod for a one day trip.

1. Do we need a Visa to Ukrain?
      2. Is there a Taxie service or connections to private taxi drivers?
      3. Is it dangerous to travel there? (we heard things about crime and robbery)
      Thanks,
      Ronen

5 Answers Aug 9, 2008 at 10:32 AM
    • luckyfluke's Profile Photo

gift ideas

by luckyfluke Online Now Jul 7, 2007 at 8:55 PM

What specialty items wuld I want to buy when I visit Uzhhorod? Where do I buy the curtains from? Could you give me a price range?

• Maps

by bobo66 Online Now May 16, 2007 at 3:01 PM

Where can I find Street Maps of Uzhhorod

1 Answer May 16, 2007 at 3:19 PM
    • i need rent small flat

by fabiomari Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 3:01 PM

i would to like to found small flat in the center of the city for 3 weeks and to meet friend for to drink something togheter my number is 00380508032856 iam from italy by fabrizio pac63@libero.it

• from Budapest by Car

by biggreen Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 4:14 PM

My daughter and I are interested in driving from Budapest to Uzhhorod Ukraine in April How are the roads? Border crossings? Is is worth the drive?How far is the drive? Is it safe?

2 Answers May 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM
    • Visa requirements? Transportation from Slovakia. Border Crossings

by kvar121 Online Now Mar 1, 2006 at 4:36 PM

I will be staying in Bardejov Slovakia the last week in July and plan on going to Uzhorod and area the first week in August. I have been to Uzhorod a number of times, but always with others who have arranged transportation. This time I am planning to break away from the group I will be traveling with in Slovakia to go to Ukraine for a week to visit relatives who live in Uzhorod and the village of Lyuta. I should be able to arrange for a ride close to the boarder or at least to Kocise. I have needed a visa to go into Ukraine before, but I hear that you no longer need one is that correct? I also heard there is a boarder crossing North of Uzhorod that is a walking only crossing - does anyone know about that?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2006 at 3:26 AM
    • thanks

by harm53f Online Now Jan 31, 2006 at 1:20 PM

Thanks for all your answers. Taking a bus from Kosice might be a useful idea as I may leave my car somewhere in a safe place, and most borders are not that safe to park a car for a day or so.

4 Answers Feb 7, 2006 at 2:35 PM
    • private visit

by harm53f Online Now Jan 30, 2006 at 2:01 PM

This summer I would like to try to visit Ukraine, on a 1-day trip from Slovakia. Travelling by my 14-year old VW bus diesel van. Is driving very different from driving in western Europe, how are things going on in Ukraine, what is interesting to see?

6 Answers Apr 12, 2007 at 12:42 AM
    • aroundtheglobe's Profile Photo

bus or train from kosice to uzhgorod

by aroundtheglobe Online Now Dec 5, 2005 at 2:46 AM

I need to look for a transport from Uzhgorod to Kosice directly. Can anybody tell me about a bus/traincompany which provides such a service? it's for a friend which is ukrainian and has to go to Slovakia without passing Poland or Hungary(because of visa requiry)
      thanx for the information!

5 Answers Apr 15, 2007 at 3:02 AM
    • Bus from Budapest

by Funnyflyer Online Now Sep 18, 2005 at 10:07 PM

Hi out there,
      is there any bus going on a regular basis from Budapest to Uzhhorod / Chop / Mukachevo ?

Kind regards...

3 Answers Sep 19, 2005 at 12:47 PM
    • VMarjanski's Profile Photo

Is there any bus from Uzhhorod to Sanok(Poland), Rzesow...without need to go to LVIV?

by VMarjanski Online Now Aug 24, 2005 at 12:41 PM

I am from SCG (Serbia and Montenegro), and I would like to visit Poland, but Slovakian transit visa is to expensive, and I have to go through Ukraine. So, my question is, what is the shortest and cheapeast way to get Poland from Hungarian/Ukraine border, Chop or uzhhorod to nearest towns in Poland (Sanok, Rzesow... Is there any direct buses from those places to Poland without crossing Slovakian border, and without going first to Lviv. U saw that trains only go first to Lviv and then to Przemysl..., but is there any buses that go direct from Uzhhorod to Poland (cause it is relativly near to Polish border)
      Thanks in advance !!

• pashkapushka's Profile Photo

Vaccinations - needed?

by pashkapushka Online Now May 23, 2005 at 3:14 PM

Someone frightened me with health scares:

recent outbreaks of diptheria in Russia and Ukraine?

outbreaks of tuberculosis in Gypsy camps near uzghorod and surroundings?

Is it true? Do I need to be vaccinated?

I only have a few days before going....

3 Answers May 26, 2005 at 12:25 AM
    • pashkapushka's Profile Photo

Train Uzhorod - Kiev

by pashkapushka Online Now May 23, 2005 at 3:12 PM

hello, pls help.

can you tell me where to find info on and reserve train rides? I need to reserve 2 compartments in a train from Uzhorod to Kiev on the 31st and have no idea where to do it. I tried the www.poezda....something site, but it did not work for me.

Thank you.

2 Answers May 29, 2005 at 12:21 AM
    • Transfer Budapest - Uzgorod

by Dida8349 Online Now May 21, 2005 at 11:47 AM

Hello!

Can you please help me with finding a taxi service Budapest - uzghorod? There are 4 of us and we need to get to Uzgorod from Budapest on the 27th or 28th May....

Thank you,

Pavla

• Uzhhorod, ikraine

by bettyjeanwright Online Now May 2, 2004 at 3:13 PM

What is climate and temperatures during the month of July?

4 Answers May 24, 2004 at 10:32 AM
    • driver and translator in Uzhhorod Ukraine?

by katmorrell Online Now Feb 27, 2004 at 11:32 AM

I am an American of Hungarian/Slavic ancestry. I am interested in visiting the town where my grandmother grew up. It is Velykyy Bereznyy – near Uzhhorod. Can anyone on this list help me arrange for a driver and translator (interpreter) for one day? I will also need a hotel in Uzhhorod for 2 nights May 20 and 21, 2004. Any recommendations? I have relatives living in this town and will visit them. Can you recommend another travel agency who can help me? Thanks, Kat Morrell

7 Answers Mar 19, 2007 at 1:51 PM