Uzbekistan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Yurt Camp stay?

Uzbekistan Apr 14, 2014 at 4:56 AM

My friend and I are planning to travel to Uzbekistan soon, and we would like to stay in one of the yurt camps near Nurata for a few days. However, I can't find any place online to make a reservation and my calls never go through.

Does anyone have advice on which camp to stay at, and the cheapest and easiest way to make a reservation?

more
    • Yurt Camp stay?

Uzbekistan Apr 14, 2014 at 4:56 AM

My friend and I are planning to travel to Uzbekistan soon, and we would like to stay in one of the yurt camps near Nurata for a few days. However, I can't find any place online to make a reservation and my calls never go through.

Does anyone have advice on which camp to stay at, and the cheapest and easiest way to make a reservation?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    • Is it safe for Female travelin alone in Uzbekistan?

Tashkent Jan 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I plan to travel to Uzbekistan end of Sept-Oct, 8 days, female traveling alone. Tashkent, Khiva(Urgench)flight, overnite train Urgench to Bukhara, Shrag train Bukhara to Samarkand, Afrosiyob train Samarkand to Tashkent.

Is it safe to travel alone in this country? Any tips you would give ? Is the overnight train safe, I plan to take the SV compartment, $ 80.00

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • azmanibrahim's Profile Photo

Visiting Uzbekistan 28 Jan - 3 Feb 2014.

Tashkent Jan 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I am visiting Uzbekistan and will be in Tashkent, Bukhara, Samarkand. Tips and advices on what not to be missed while there is very much appreciated. I love local food and culture. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • book fligh in advance

Uzbekistan Oct 15, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Hi! Has anybody booked a flight in advance throught this web? Is possible Is it possible?
      http://www.uzbekistanairways.uk.com/

Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • purchase of laptop

Tashkent Sep 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

what is the price of laptop?

2 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • MuhammadH3's Profile Photo

tashkent visit in september

Tashkent Aug 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM

weather of tqashkent in start of september. which cloth to take

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    • travel to tashkent

Tashkent Jul 26, 2013 at 3:30 AM

whats the climate like now in tashkent and do we have to use packaged drinking water there?how safe is the place for first time trsvellers?

3 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    • Mountain hike

Uzbekistan Jun 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hi! We will be going to Uzbekistan in only a few weeks for 14 days. We have not booked much in advance but have started to do some research. Besides visting Boukhara and Samarkand, we would like to do a mountain trek, ideally 3-4 days (3 nights in huts or tents). But it seems that this is difficult mostly due to the registration policy. Has anyone done a mountain hike? Does anyone know how this registration problem can be dealt with? Any recommendations of a guide/tour company or even a specific tour? Many thanks!

3 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    • Opondili01's Profile Photo

Shopping

Tashkent Jun 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

How cheap is it for women's clothes and shoes?
      e.g. a very nice summer dress and a pair of high heels, how much will it cost at the cheapest market or shop?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    • international flights

Uzbekistan May 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I am looking to fly between Tashkent in Uzbekistan and Tehran in Iran. I can see that there is a flight but not the approximate price. Does anyone have any advice?

6 Answers May 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    • VISIT VISA FOR FEMALE AGE 26

Tashkent May 23, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Can someone advise how i can open visit visa from Dubai for Uzbeki Nationals ? any other suggestions much appreciated.
      Thanks in Advance,

4 Answers May 23, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    • Train from Bukhara to Karakul?

Karakul' May 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Is the train from Bukhara to Karakul currently operating? Or do I have to take a taxi?

• hostel

Tashkent May 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hi, which hotel in Tashkent is closest to the old city and has a hostel-like atmosphere? Location and affordability are the biggest factors. Thanks

• hostels/hotels

Uzbekistan May 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Hi everyone, what are some nice, affordable hostels in Tashkent, Samarkhand and Bukhara? I would like to stay somewhere with a hostel kind of feel. Location near cultural centers or old neighborhoods is the most important factor for me. Thanks

• metteks's Profile Photo

Visa on arrival in Tashkent Airport?

Uzbekistan May 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I have read that it is possible to get a visa on arrival in the airport, if you don´t have an embassy of Uzbekistan in your country of residence and if you have the Letter of invitation.

Since I don´t have a embassy here in Denmark,I am very interested in this option, but I don't want to be rejected in the airport so I want to know if anybody has done this and how it worked out?

1 Answer May 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • does someone want to visit Ferghana city?

Uzbekistan May 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Is someone coming to Ferghana city, Does he or she know about places to visit? is someone searching free accomadation? does someone want to enjoy his/her trip around the city? write to me.I'm from Ferghana city.

1 Answer May 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Hostels in Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan Apr 25, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Hi, a couple of friends and I are travelling to Uzbekistan next week. We have yet to book any hostels. My question is, is it necessary to start booking these asap, or are there usually places free if you just turn up on the day? We'll be visiting Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand, on as low a budget as we can.
      Does anyone know how busy Uzbekistan is in May? I know that in Russia and the ex soviet states, the May holidays are a big deal, but does this translate into more, or less people being around?

Thank you in advance!

1 Answer Apr 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    • no LOI for US citizens?

Uzbekistan Apr 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I just spoke to David Berghof from StanTours. He informed me that, despite what the Uzbek embassy website claims, US citizens do not need a LOI for travel to Uzbekistan. Has anyone found this to be the case? What experiences do you have with this?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    • LOI

Uzbekistan Apr 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM

How do I find an invitation letter? What's the best way to obtain a LOI (for an American)? Are they really necessary and how long do they take to be issued? I am trying to fly to Tajikistan in the first week of May and cross by bus or train into Uzbekistan. Is this possible? Is this cutting it too close? Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    • Travel agency

Uzbekistan Apr 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Has somebody travelled with Dolorestravel ? What are the experiences ?
      Other travel agencies for a tailored trip in uzbekistan ?

1 Answer May 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    • Visa Application Form

Uzbekistan Apr 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I have downloaded a visa application for Uzbekistan and under "Previous Surname"
      I put down my wife's maiden name and left "Previous First Name" open. When I finished
      the form, the maiden name comes up automatically under "Previous First Name" as well
      (tried it several times, even typed in her first name, but does'nt work).
      Should I worry about this, as I obviously don't want to go to the consulate( (Istanbul) and the bureaucrats reject the application ...

2 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    • tour group and trains

Uzbekistan Apr 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Is it necessary to arrange travel with a tour group in order to legitimize the application for a tourist visa to Uzbekistan? I do not plan to use a tour group unless it is mandatory for tourists as is sometimes the case.

On another note, can I book train tickets any time while traveling? Or should I have this planned out weeks in advance?

I am an American citizen. Is there anything else that Americans should know about the visa application process?

Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    • hmoitta's Profile Photo

money in Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan Apr 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM

It's better to bring euros or dollars ?

2 Answers Apr 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    • Friend Employment status

Uzbekistan Mar 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Hi, does anyone know if my friend - who lives in Samarkand and is currently unemployed - has to be in employment in order to have a Letter of Invitation accepted by the Uzbek Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Thanks in advance for any possible help or info.

1 Answer Mar 18, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • Do i have to be in Employment to visit Uzbekistan?

Uzbekistan Mar 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Hi, i am a British citizen hoping to visit Uzbekistan within the next 4 months and it would be so helpful to know if i need to be currently employed in a job in order to be granted a visa? I ask this because i am temporarily unemployed and i am worried that i will not be granted a visa if this is my current occupational status as this question is asked on the visa application form. If anyone has any information on this it would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

3 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    • Uzbek visas

Uzbekistan Mar 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Hi, I'm travelling to Uzbekistan along with other central-asian countries at the beginning of May, and there isn't much time to get the visas sorted. On the application form for the visa it asks for an address for your stay. Is it necessary to provide this? We are yet to book and hostels etc. Is it advisable to write any hostel (even though we haven't booked any yet), just the city, or leave it blank? I'm a UK citizen.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • mosh929's Profile Photo

Up to Date Tourist Visa Policy Anyone?

Uzbekistan Feb 23, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Greetings, I am planning a trip to Uzbekistan this May or June and would like to know if anyone has the latest visa entry requirements? Do we all still need a LOI? Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    • Pasport

Uzbekistan Feb 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Is this information correct ?
      You can't enter Uzbekistan if there is an Israelian stamp in your pasport.

3 Answers Feb 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    • genieterke's Profile Photo

Uzbekistan Airways

Uzbekistan Feb 3, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Hello,
      Has someneone experiance with uzbekistan airways
      from europe to tashkent (october)
      is it possible to by one-way ticket and comeback
      with turkmenistan airways.

This looks like the most direct way to there

thanks
      John Celis

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • kcannon1's Profile Photo

Central Asia tour companies

Uzbekistan Jan 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Hi all. A friend and I will be traveling in Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Kyrgyzstan in fall 2013 and want to use a local companies for basic logistics, visa, and hotel arrangements, plus possibly some local guide work in areas that are a bit off the beaten path. Four that have been recommended by friends are: Advantour, Emir Travel, Steppe Journeys, and Stantours. Thanks in advance to anyone with knowledge and advice on these that they can share.

6 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM