Uzbekistan Travel Answers

change location

Tour package

by sheilasharif Online Now Jul 17, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Hai geng.....

Im from malaysia and intended to go to uzbek for holiday next year.....and is looking for cheap local tour to visit cities such as tashkent,samarkand,bukhara and khiva.......those local tours in the net offer sometimes too expensive tour.I understand most of the tours are paid in USD but there must be some local tours that are more cheaper although is also paid in usd.I would appreciate for some feedbacks and ideas.

Thank you so much

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Re: Tour package

by GyuriFT Online Now Jul 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM

You can visit these cities on your own - provided you got the visa.
    Knowledge of Turkish or Russian is of tremendous help because REALLY ALMOST NO ONE does speak English.

You will need a tourist voucher from "UZBEKTOURISM" or authorized travel agencies.

You may find "Parus" ( = "sail" ) useful:

http://www.parus87.com/Visa.htm

Otherwise no worries. But if you have some friends from CIS with you as travel buddies that will help a lot (purely technically speaking).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gaolei's Profile Photo

Re: Tour package

by gaolei Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I don't know if things have changed, but the official exchange rate means nothing. When I was there, the official rate was 5000 to 1 USD. I exchanged money with taxi drivers, who had a trunk full of money and ar markets. They gave me 23,000 to 25,000 to 1 usd. That made my 50,000 beer in the hotel only 2 dollars.

• Re: Tour package

by uztour Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Hi Sheilasharif!

At what sum are you intending to travel to Uzbekistan?

Regarding for visa to Uzb, for the citizens of Malaysia there is established a simplified visa procedure. It means you do not need tourist voucher or invitation of physical or juridical person in Uzbekistan to submit to the MFA of the Republic of Uzbekistan. You may submit your documents to Consulate of UZb in you city by own. Visas shall be issued within 2 working days, excluding the day of document’s acceptance. Other infrmation you may get on the afficial website of MFA of Uz. Rep. http://mfa.uz/eng/consular_issues/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uzbekistan Travel Answer Locations