Uzbekistan Travel Answers

change location

Uzbek visas

by Heathel Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Hi, I'm travelling to Uzbekistan along with other central-asian countries at the beginning of May, and there isn't much time to get the visas sorted. On the application form for the visa it asks for an address for your stay. Is it necessary to provide this? We are yet to book and hostels etc. Is it advisable to write any hostel (even though we haven't booked any yet), just the city, or leave it blank? I'm a UK citizen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Uzbek visas

by davidjo Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Normally embassies don't check with the hostels/hotels that you may be staying at, so you can risk finding one on the internet and entering it on the application, but on the other hand why don't you book your first night on the web if you are worried about this. The link below shows 3 hostels for Tashkent
    hostelworld.com/search?searc...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Just write anything. It'll be fine.

• Re: Uzbek visas

by Heathel Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Thank you so much for both your advice! I'm not sure we'll be anywhere near any cities that I can find hostels for online for the first night, so you think it will be ok to put a Tashkent hostel, even if we don't end up staying there? We won't be expected to register at the address we put on the application or anything? Sorry, no idea how strict the Uzbek visas are!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM

No. Things change all the time. Even if you did actually book the hotel, and even if they did expect you to register there, plans can certainly change between getting the visa and actually arriving.

There is absolutely no expectation that you must pre-book all hotels and only stay at those one.

• Re: Uzbek visas

by Heathel Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Ok, I'll just write the first hostel I find then! Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uzbekistan Travel Answer Locations