Uyuni Travel Answers

change location

Transport from Uyuni to Salta

by Kevinf2 Online Now Nov 10, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Hi there,
Doing a rather fast trip through Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay, Argentina in Dec/Jan.
Most of trip sorted but yet to lock down transport options between Uniyi and Salta.
Assume there will be bus options, but if anyone can shed some light on best options I'd be very grateful.
Happy traveling

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pure1942's Profile Photo

Re: Transport from Uyuni to Salta

by pure1942 Online Now Nov 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Few friends of mine did this journey by train and bus combo but things are always changing with regard to buses and trains into/out of Uyuni but when we were there, there was a train every Monday and Friday night leaving at 22.40 and arriving next morning between 7.00 and 8.00) These times could have changed so check when you get closer. From Villazoon its easy to get a bus to Salta.
    If you can't do it this way you can get there through Chile. From Uyuni there's a train to Calama in Chile and from there you could get a bus to Salta but that'd obviously be the long way round. Uyuni - Villazon train and Villazon - Salta bus would be the best option.
    Enjoy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pure1942's Profile Photo

Re: Transport from Uyuni to Salta

by pure1942 Online Now Nov 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Few friends of mine did this journey by train and bus combo but things are always changing with regard to buses and trains into/out of Uyuni but when we were there, there was a train every Monday and Friday night leaving at 22.40 and arriving next morning between 7.00 and 8.00) These times could have changed so check when you get closer. From Villazoon its easy to get a bus to Salta.
    If you can't do it this way you can get there through Chile. From Uyuni there's a train to Calama in Chile and from there you could get a bus to Salta but that'd obviously be the long way round. Uyuni - Villazon train and Villazon - Salta bus would be the best option.
    Enjoy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines