Uyuni Travel Answers

change location

Tour from Uyuni to Calama?

by vickon Online Now May 21, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Hello everyone,

I want to take the tour to the lake 3 days /2 nights but is there any tour that ends in Calama?

Thanks in advance..

Vaios

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Re: Tour from Uyuni to Calama?

by AlbuqRay Online Now May 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM

In 2003 a Dutch couple on my Salar de Uyuni tour did just what you ask about. They switched from the Colque 4WD tour to a mini-bus at the outpost near Laguna Blanca. A quick online search seems to indicate that it can still be done (lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/t... ).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

by kiwigal_1 Online Now May 25, 2010 at 7:16 AM

The tours from Uyuni end in San Pedro de Atacama in Chile which is not far from Calama. Upon arrival in San Pedro de Atacama it is very easy to get another bus to Calama. Tur Bus buses travel the route frequently.
    I would recommend however that you stay in San Pedro de Atacama a few days and check out the sites here. It is a much more interesting place than Calama.
    I have VT pages on both Uyuni and San Pedro de Atacama and have done the jeep tour you mention. It was an awesome experience.

Cheers,
    Rhianon

• Re: Tour from Uyuni to Calama?

by vickon Online Now May 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Thanks a lot both of you..

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo

by the_dutchman Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I too took the 3 day tour from Uyuni to San Pedro. The scenery is well worth the 3 days. At the end of the tour you are transferred to another vehicle that takes you across the border from Bolivia to San Pedro de Atacama in Chile. There are many sights to see while you are there as well. From San Pedro you will have no problem getting buses to Calama. For your viewing pleasure I have added a few of my photos from the areas just mentioned. Let me know how you make out and enjoy your trip. Gerry, the_dutchman

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines