Uyuni Travel Answers

change location

Getting to Uyuni from Chile

by crob129 Online Now May 10, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Ok so i'm planning on going to uyuni from Santiago. I can afford to buy domestic plane tickets and I was thinking to either Arica or Calama. Are there buses that go from Chile to Uyuni? Do I need to book tickets in advance? Any advice is appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • elpariente's Profile Photo

Re: Getting to Uyuni from Chile

by elpariente Online Now May 10, 2007 at 1:38 PM

You can fly to Calama
    Here you may visit Chuquicamata , that is the biggest Cooper mine in the world and then to take a bus to San Pedro de Atacama (1 hour)
    In San Pedro ( many very nice and interesting placesto visit )you may get a tour and with a 4wd , they will take you to Uyuni visiting the geysers , the Bolivian lakes and the Salar de Uyuni
    (From Uyuni to San Pedro we paid 70USD/person including transport two nights hotel and all the meals )
    Hotel conditions are very basic

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • brochitas's Profile Photo

Re: Getting to Uyuni from Chile

by brochitas Online Now May 11, 2007 at 9:34 AM

I suggest you to do this: arrive to Arica or Iquique and then take the train to Oruro. From Oruro you take the train (or bus?) to Uyuni and once arriving there, make the arrangements for the tour to the salar. By the way, there is a travel agency exactly in front of the terminal buses in Oruro. You can ask them about Uyuni.

By doing this, you are saving. If you do the tour from San Pedro de Atacama is VERY expensive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines