Uyuni Travel Answers

change location

Private jeep tour from la paz to uyuni

by UlrichR Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 11:58 AM

hi everybody,

does anybody has experience in renting a jeep with a private chofer/driver in la paz and doing a trip to salar de uyuni.

i think the travelling by bus and train will be very strenuos especially if you are planning to stay only 2 nights in the region. to rent a private jeep sounds like a more comfortable way to travel.

can anyone provide some addresses where to rent a car with driver and what will that cost (3 day return trip with driver from la paz and app. 1500 km )

Any informatiion is highly appreciated

thanks in advance

ulrich

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • brendazart's Profile Photo

RE: Private jeep tour from la paz to uyuni

by brendazart Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 8:11 PM

I used a terrific tour company based in La Paz. They will take you anywhere in Bolivia. It was Crillion Tours. They have private guides and drivers with good cars. A lot of the roads in Bolivia are narrow, steep, scarey and without guard rails; so a good safe driver is important. I think you will be very pleased with this group. My guide was Ivan, and the driver was Oscar. We did not go to Salar de Uyuni, but I know they go there. Ivan suggested we go there, but we ran out of time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

RE: Private jeep tour from la paz to uyuni

by AlbuqRay Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 8:42 PM

Ulrich, we are taking a custom tour to the Salar de Uyuni at the end of April. It is a variation on the trip you ask about, i.e., private vehicle from La Paz to Oruro, train from Oruro to Uyuni, 4WD tour of the Salar and back to Uyuni, and finally private vehicle from Uyuni to Potosi. We are using Mario Nina's Zig-Zag Eco Tours and Treks in La Paz. You would have to ask Mario about the price (what I described is just a piece of a longer itinerary). His e-mail is info@zigzagbolivia.com. I have used Zig-Zag before. They are excellent and reasonably priced.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines