Uyuni Travel Answers

change location
griff6248's Profile Photo

La Paz to Uyuni

by griff6248 Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Hi I am arriving into La Paz on Sat morning the 27th May and want to get to Uyuni.
From what i have read i can catch a bus leaving at 4-5 pm on the sat to Oruro, that takes about 3 hours then from Oruro to Uyuni you can get an overnight bus that arrives into uyuni at 5 am the next day.

Is the above correct and do the buses run everyday?
Also when u arrive at oruro are you sure going to get on to the next bus.

Also is it best to book a tour of the salt planes when you arrive at uyuni or before.

Thank you very much for your help
Steven

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • marcelo15's Profile Photo

RE: La Paz to Uyuni

by marcelo15 Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 2:05 PM

ok...i can suggest you to take a direct bus from la paz to uyuni without taking another bus (16 de julio companies name). it only stops in oruro, i think just for a short time. it departs from la paz at 17:00 and arrives in uyuni at 5:00 of the next day. but if want to go more confortable you can go to oruro from la paz. then catch a train direct to uyuni...the train departures at 15:30 from oruro and arrives in uyuni at 22:30 more or less...ok, hope to be helpful and if you still have some question be free to mail me.
    marce

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • griff6248's Profile Photo

RE: RE: La Paz to Uyuni

by griff6248 Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 12:25 PM

ok thanks for ur help.

It would be good to get the train, if i arrive into la paz at 7.00 am can i get to oruro before the train leaves??

thanks
    steven

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines