Uyuni Travel Answers

change location
mschwar's Profile Photo

Salt tour??

by mschwar Online Now Apr 2, 2005 at 11:53 PM

What is the Salt tour? I don't know anything about this but I really want to see the salt flats. I don't want to end up in Chile though. So what are my options? I'm coming to Uyuni from Buenos Aires and I want to go to Potosi so I want to end up back in Uyuni. What is this 2-4 tour? Does it always end in Chile? I guess I just want some general information because I'm really in the dark about this place. Thank you so much! Any information would be deeply appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

RE: Salt tour??

by AlbuqRay Online Now Apr 3, 2005 at 10:21 AM

Matt, I just noticed you live in Albuquerque also. I recently took the tour you want to take. You can make a loop from Uyuni down to southern Bolivia and back. It is a standard tour. See the detailed itinerary under my Bolivia general tip. It also includes the bus trip to Potosi afterwards. Don't miss my four travelogues about southern Bolivia and Potosi. Each picture has information with it. Drop me an e-mail if you have further questions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • marcelo15's Profile Photo

RE: Salt tour??

by marcelo15 Online Now Apr 3, 2005 at 5:04 PM

hi man, what i can recommend you is sttoping in uyuni from the border with argentina. then took the 4 days and 3 nights tour in uyuni. you will go around the the south of potosi. SUR LIPEZ. some people decide to leave the tour in the border with chile. but you don`t have to do it.
    well, i hope to be helpful...and have a look at my potosi`s answer..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines