Uyuni Travel Answers

change location

Salt lakes visits/San Pedro de Atacama

by jonnyalgeo Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 3:31 PM

Hi!
I´m with a group of people in Bolivia and we´re going to Uyuni so that we can do the tour that goes round the salt lakes and down to the lagunas in the game reserves then back to Uyuni. I understand that it's possible to go from the reserve through to Chile and we are interested in doing this so that we can re-enter bolivia with another 90 day visa. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to San Pedro de Atacama from the border and if it's possible to then go back to Uyuni in the same day? (is it possible to just pop over for a couple of hours?) if not, would it be best to spend the night in San Pedro then head back up to Uyuni the next day...AND...how long would it take to drive from San Pedro to Uyuni? or...would it be best to pop-over and spend the night somewhere on the way back to Uyuni? thank you for your time in reading this, all help is greatly appreciated!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

RE: Salt lakes visits/San Pedro de Atacama

by AlbuqRay Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 6:46 PM

I can only help with the Bolivian part of your questions. When I did the southern Bolivia tour out of Uyuni, my guide had a family emergency in La Paz and asked if we could drive back from the bus stop near Laguna Verde in one day. It was very doable from there. We even stopped for lunch at Laguna Colorado. Although we started early from Laguna Verde, it was dark when we arrived in Uyuni. I don't know how long it takes to get from San Pedro to that bus stop on the Bolivian side.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines