Uyuni Travel Answers

change location

Salar de Uyuni

by changito_loco Online Now Feb 6, 2005 at 2:12 PM

Please answer the following questions. 1. What is the best way to get to Uyuni from La Paz and back to Uyuni? If it is by train or bus, how much does it cost? 2. Is it best to get my own train/bus from La Paz to Uyuni or should I have a tour operator do it? How long are the tours? How much do they cost? 3. Is it safe to travel from Uyuni to La Paz by myself? 3. Is Potosi worth visting? Thanks, Changito_Loco

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Re: Salar de Uyuni

by AlbuqRay Online Now Feb 12, 2005 at 9:08 AM

C_L, I took a bus from La Paz to Oruro and then a train to Uyuni. My return was by bus from Uyuni to Potosi, shared taxi from Potosi to Sucre, and then a flight back to La Paz (see an itinerary under my Bolivia general tips). I don't know the separate costs, since the transportation was included in my overall tour. My Bolivia tips give the details of time and tour operators. It should be safe but I always wondered if my bag would be there when I got off the bus. Hey, it always was. Potosi is definitely worth visiting. I wish I had had more time there. Get Roberto Mendez to be your guide in Potosi (see tip below the itinerary). Ray

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • marcelo15's Profile Photo

Re: Salar de Uyuni

by marcelo15 Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 8:27 AM

yeah, what raymond says it`s right. you have some choices to get to uyuni...by bus and by train. but if you want to visit potosi, which is really worth visiting you have to take a bus from la paz. (10hours) i really wish you a wonderful staying in bolivia. pd. for some more info about those places i warmly invite you to see them in my pages. freddy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines