Uyuni Travel Answers

change location

Two day Salt lake tour in Uyuni

by LenaMurph Online Now Apr 20, 2004 at 10:36 AM

Hi, I am travelling to Uyuni on an overnight bus from La Paz and am hoping to do a two day tour while there. Can any one recommend good two full day tours of the area. Thanks! Lena

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • MrMooo's Profile Photo

Re: Two day Salt lake tour in Uyuni

by MrMooo Online Now Apr 22, 2004 at 9:26 AM

Hi LenaMurph, After you get off the bus in Uyuni you will find several tour operators providing tours of the Salar de Uyuni (salt lake) ranging up to 4 days. We did the 3 day tour finishing in San Pedro de Atacama in Chile but if you have only 2 days I'm sure there'll have one suitable. They are very cheap (ours was US$70 for 3 days including transport, food, acommodation and tour guide in 2000) and you will see the spectacular white landscape of the salt lake, islands covered in cactuses, snow-capped volcanoes, lakes with flamingoes, llamas, guanacoes, and if you make it far enough, hot springs and geysers at 5000m altitude (16,000 ft.) have a wonderful time. Also you may like to check out the famous jail tour in La Paz. I'm kicking myself for not finding out about it till after I'd left.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Two day Salt lake tour in Uyuni

by DaveParke Online Now Jul 20, 2004 at 4:52 PM

Hi Lena, could you please tell me more about the jail tour in La Paz which you mentioned Thanks Dave

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines