Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• labeep's Profile Photo

Anyone traveling to Kyoto in November?

Kyoto Aug 11, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Hello fellow travelers!
      I am going to be traveling solo from USA to Kyoto from November 29th through December 5th (leaf peeping) and I wonder if somebody else is going to be traveling in the area to say hello and share some tea. I already have my hotel booked (that was many hours online, high season in Kyoto) and I am building my itinerary.

Pleasant trips and arigato!

Isabella

more
    • 4 days in Kyoto - Any Free Onsen Experience, & Which onsen- Kinosaki, Kurama or Yunohana?

Kyoto Aug 6, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Hello,

I've be traveling in Sep 15 to Kyoto & Osaka For an 8-day trip, so i'm pretty confused about which onsen experience to do. Firstly, any free onsen outdoor experience? And should i stay 2 days Kyoto & doing an outward trip to Kinosaki for a 2 nights stay before going to Osaka? Or should i just base in Kyoto Kawaramachi area, then do half day travel to either Kurama or Yunohana? Any suggestions for anywhere else nearby in Kyoto perfecture?

Thank you! Appreciate your kind advice & tips as i am now planning the itinerary :P

Leafie

more
    • Hokkaido in late october

Hokkaido Jul 31, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Which places should I visit in the Hokkaido/Sapporo area during the last week of October? I have a week.

more
    • vandermine's Profile Photo

Clubbing friends in tokyo?

Tokyo Aug 7, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Good way to make friends, while clubbing tokyo?

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

how to reach Oak Hostel Zen from JR train station

Tokyo Aug 27, 2015 at 11:47 AM

we will take the train from Kyoto (9.33am) arriving at Tokyo at 12:10.
      Any idea at which station we have to get off?
      and how will reach OAK HOSTEL ZEN from there?
      address of the hostel: 110-0003 Tokyo Prefecture, Taito-ku, Negishi 3-3-3

have in mind we will have JR pass.

more

from Kansai airport to Kyoto by train

Japan Aug 27, 2015 at 11:07 AM

we arrive at Kansai aiport at 21.35.
      1)how much time we need to go through customs, take luggage and catch the train to Kyoto.
      2)Will it run at that time? (on saturday night)
      3)will we be able to exchange our JapanRail voucher with the pass at that time? where?

more
    • NAOMI58's Profile Photo

The Icoca prepaid card for Kyoto area and the all day ticket to Arashiyama

Kyoto Aug 26, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Hi Kyoto experts !

What are the benefits of the prepaid Icoca card if I use it while I am in kyoto. ?

Will it save money on trains going from kyoto to nearby cities? Is it limited in time ?
      Also: What is the all day discounted ticket to Arashiyama ?

Thanks

more

where to buy JR pass?

Japan Aug 27, 2015 at 6:43 AM

what is the official site for buing the JR pass?
      or buing it from other online sellers is the same? (same price? are all of them reliable?)

more
    • How much money will i need to bring for 25days?

Japan Aug 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Hi, i'll be in Japan mid December -

I'll be in Osaka 7 days, Kyoto 3 days, Tokyo 7 and Yuzawa 3. We are still deciding on our last location. Everything else has been booked and paid for.

I was just wondering how much i may spend each day on food and transportation. A friend of mine lived in Tokyo for a year and she said i could survive on $20aud a day but i'll be most likely looking at $60-$100.

more
    • Tenguyama Ropeway in the Nov/Dec period

Otaru Aug 6, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Hey, I will be in Hokkaido for the period 26 Nov to 3 Dec. I'm planning to visit Otaru and thereafter go to Mount Tengu via the ropeway on Sunday, 29 Nov. Just wondering whether the ropeway is available for service and the opening hours.

Thank you very much.

more
    • NAOMI58's Profile Photo

A day in Takao Japan

Kyoto Aug 5, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hi Kyoto experts
      I will be spending a month in Kyoto in November this year.
      Would like to make a day trip to Takao and visit these 3 temples :
      高山寺石水院 - Kozanji Sekisuiin
      Jingoji Temple - 神護寺, じんごじ
      and 京都 高雄)西明寺Saimyoji Temple
      I saw on Google map that there is a walking distance between temples but I wonder about public transportation between them.It looks on the map like I will have to walk on the main road, not very comfortable.
      Any ideas or tips for this day, where to start and how to make this trip easy

Thank you

Naomi.

I am not sure about the Japanese names - Can you correct them ?

more
    • What should i pack for a 25 day trip in winter Osaka, Tokyo and Yuzawa

Tokyo Aug 21, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Hi, i'll be in Japan mid December - January and have no idea what to pack. I'm a girl from Australia, so i've never really been in cold weather before.

I'll be in Osaka 7 days, Kyoto 3 days, Tokyo 7 and Yuzawa 3.
      I'm hoping to start buying clothing soon so and i have no idea where to start.

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Ekiben sold at New Chitose Airport?

Hokkaido Aug 2, 2015 at 8:41 AM

We are arriving into New Chitose Airport at 8:20am and hoping to catch the 10:33am train to Shintoku. Where in the airport can we buy ekiben to have as lunch on the train? Would prefer to get here rather than at Minami Chitose Station since the transit time is only 10 minutes.

Tq, Mel

more
    • Help with 3.5 day Tokyo/Kyoto itinerary

Japan Aug 23, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Hello

I have an upcoming 3 and a half day trip to Japan, and it will be mu first trip to Japan. I am flying into Tokyo, though am flying out of Osaka three days later.

Day 1 - (Arrive Tokyo 4.05am)

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4 - (Depart Osaka 4.20pm)

I am trying to put together an itinerary. I would like to see Tokyo, and so envisaged spending day 1/evening 1 in Tokyo. However, I feel that I would like to spend the remaining time in Kyoto (the reason I booked the return flight from Osaka). I realise that this is a very short trip and that it is going to be very on-the-go. I envisaged catching one of the early bullet trains from Tokyo to Kyoto on the morning of Day 2, and then spending the rest of day 2, day 3 and the morning of day 4 exploring Kyoto. Does this seem feasible? I realise that the one day in Tokyo is a push, but as I won't have another opportunity to visit Japan for a very long time, I'm wanting to try fit in both cities.

I would really appreciate some thoughts on this itinerary. I also have a few questions regarding the logistics of the itinerary. As I will be flying out of Osaka, it does not make sense to get a Japan Rail Card as I will only be taking the bullet train one way. What is the best way to arrange this one-way train ticket? Is it worth booking the JapanICan 3-day Kyoto train + hotel package from Tokyo, or is it preferable to book the accommodation in Kyoto independently and then purchase a one-way bullet train ticket by other means? Is it possible to buy a one-way bullet train ticket online?

I look forward to receiving some thoughts on this, and thanks in advance for your time!

more

Near Utsunomiya

• Bastet_Baby's Profile Photo

Where to buy a real Japanese Katana?

by Bastet_Baby Online Now Mar 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I will be visiting Utsunomiya again in the fall and I have always wanted to get a real Japanese Katana, but with so many cute shops to explore, I have not found one yet that sells them and/or i run out of time to look. Also how much can I expect to send - I imagine it depends on the katana and do any of the place offer shipping, as in shipping it back home to the States?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2009 at 5:00 AM
    • regarding accomodation

by mudit_ag1 Online Now Dec 3, 2008 at 10:49 PM

i want to know about having accomodations in weekly mansion kind of rooms. r they sufficient and safe to live there with family? And also if u can suggest any furnished accomodation inutsonomiya, i will be thankful to you.

• funbags's Profile Photo

hey hey

by funbags Online Now Jun 3, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Just moved to utsunomiya to teach english. Looking for people who are into the nightlife and like to party.

• Dance Clubs in Utsunomiya

by woundeye Online Now Oct 23, 2005 at 10:54 PM

I am in Utsunomiya for the next two weeks and I've heard that there are some bars/clubs that locals like to visit as well as some that have dance clubs like Roppongi. I've also heard about a good bar called Lion's Head. Can anyone help me out? I would love to go to the dance club this week, if it's open.

2 Answers Oct 24, 2005 at 8:18 AM
    • Life in Utsunomiya

by nicbub Online Now Jan 19, 2003 at 4:07 PM

Hi, I'm moving from Scotland to spend a year in Utsunomiya teaching English. What's life like there? also,what are the best web pages to look at for information on things to do, maps, etc... Cheers

2 Answers Jan 19, 2003 at 6:33 PM